[jehsiboi] Jacaranda Forest

Forum for discussion of Deciduous bonsai – Maples, Crabapple, Hornbeam, Elm species etc.
jehsiboi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 2

[jehsiboi] Jacaranda Forest

Post by jehsiboi »

This will be a journal of this forests progression. Planted today from seeds grown about a year ago.

Any advice on Jacarandas or forest plantings is welcome as this is my first one.
jacarandaforest.jpg
Jesse
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathon_p
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: [jehsiboi] Jacaranda Forest

Post by jonathon_p »

Looks good :imo:
I haven't seen any jacarandas as forest plantings, maybe because their foliage is so large, so I could imagine it would get congested quite easily. During the growing season they grow extremely quickly so if you intend to wire be careful as it cuts in quite quickly.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Re: [jehsiboi] Jacaranda Forest

Post by MJL »

Hi Jesse,

I hope you find these enjoyable. I do! If you search up ‘Jacaranda Trio’ you’ll find my progression on a little group that I am creating too. Nothing special. There are other threads too of more experienced growers offering more tips than I.

Interesting that I don’t find they thicken super quickly - the new growth tends to be from the top ... with some adventitious buds every now - but this is probably because I am in Victoria- I reckon this might be different with more verdant growth further north. As noted - wire but as with any tree, monitor carefully during the growing season.

I think I said this in a seperate thread too but I know there was a really informative article from a club member in Qld or NSW ... I just can’t locate it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.

Return to “Deciduous”