Olive carving practice with a Terrier

Forum for discussion of Evergreen bonsai – Buxus, Cotoneaster, Olive etc.
greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Olive carving practice with a Terrier

Post by greg27 »

I've been getting into a bit of carving work lately - I have a Kutzall Extreme burr and a set of ten smaller burrs that were $30 off eBay which do a fairly good job at detail work. To avoid splurging on a die grinder I purchased a Little Terrier DH from Kaizen Bonsai which arrived on Thursday (took about three weeks to arrive from the UK, which isn't bad in these covid times). I spent a while tossing up between the Terrier and the Nibbler - in the end I went with the Terrier because it ended up being about $20 cheaper, but I'm sure you'll get similar results with both.

This thing is great. It screws onto the Dremel spindle and feels very secure and strong. I ran it at 20,000 RPM and it's very smooth and easy to control. This morning I messed around for about 20 minutes on a couple of olives that I haven't decided if I'll keep or sell, so some fairly dense and sappy wood, and it removes wood without any issues. I didn't really have a plan with these, but I reckon with a bit more work and some tidying up with the smaller bits they might actually look half decent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: Olive carving practice with a Terrier

Post by Watto »

Good purchase. I have a Terrier bit and it does a really good job in my opinion.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Evergreen”