Mume Blossoms

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
PeachSlices
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Anything that flowers
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: Sydney City Bonsai Club, Bonsai Society of Sydney, School of Bonsai

Mume Blossoms

Post by PeachSlices »

I waited 8 years to get cuttings and now you can find them at most nuseries but im happy to finially get it.

the scent is really nice and is very strong.

flowers didnt last very long.

i've got a white, white & pink and a pink im after other types if anyone has cuttings im very patient.
67669304_704346456655340_7872355989037514752_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Re: Mume Blossoms

Post by TimS »

I still find them quite difficult to locate, though I found an established white Alboplena one at a nursery yesterday that I snapped up.

The weeping pink seems quite common, the upright ones less so. I’m on the hunt for pink upright and the red upright too.

I tried cuttings of a young one of mine last year without success, but I did get a cutting of my small plum blossom to root. That’s a single white flower iirc.
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.
Snipz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Mume Blossoms

Post by Snipz »

picked up a couple of plants from a rare species nursery; not really sure what to do other than take some cutting and try to propagate and let grow on
IMG_4582.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”