It's PLUM Time

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Re: It's PLUM Time

Post by shibui »

And i thought "The truth shall set you free" was just for the bible thumpers.
I think he thought I was a bit crazy .
And I reckon he may have been correct :lol: In fact, we are probably all just a little more than a bit crazy.

Your new tree looks good Sno but I think it will have a couple of good scars on it for a few years yet.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
鸕盆栽 Gamauji Bonsai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: All
Bonsai Age: 6
Bonsai Club: Korean Bonsai Association

Post by 鸕盆栽 Gamauji Bonsai »

An old orchard tree got a new lease on life and I am glad we took the time to do it because its a beauty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Post by TimS »

These plum trees are giving me serious envy, I need to track one down! The only one I have is an elvins from a nursery that is just a stick in a pot.

Anyone in vic have a Prunus they want to offload?? :whistle:
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Post by Watto »

Tim, you have to did them plums.
This one had only one flower this year, I must have trimmed it at the wrong time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

I'm a little jealous of Sno digging one so this afternoon I might head out to my secret plum spot and dig one. If it looks OK I'll post a photo but if its not I'll keep it hidden away.
Here is a little Shohin (is that tautology?)....
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Post by TimS »

Lovely! I need to find my own secret plum spot by the looks for things
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

The secret plum spot has come good. This is a relatively short tree with a bit of movement and old bark. It has been dug, trimmed and potted and I hold out hope that it progresses OK. It was probably a week late in digging but the roots aren't too bad.
boom64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almond
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by boom64 »

Hi Watto ,Another Goulburn Plum. A few scattered flowers this year ,concentrating on thickening up branches. Long process...it will probably outlast me .Still have two small ones will post soon .Cheers John.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

That one has a lot of character, it will be a beauty in a little while John.
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Watto »

This is a little multitrunked plum that I dug a few years ago. This year it had a serious trim and then a repot. Just a few flowers but I hope next year it will be better.
ronaldjleejlee
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by ronaldjleejlee »

Sno wrote: September 8th, 2019, 8:29 pm
Watto wrote: September 6th, 2019, 6:33 am Thanks Shibui, I was worried because my cherry never flower this early.
I noticed that Sno has a plum with some movement which is difficult to find, usually they are straight when you find the wild ones.
Jeez boys you aren’t looking hard . I snuck down to Canberra to go to a Canberra Bonsai society meeting because it was such a miserable day in the mountains . On the way home I dug this one .49C4F18D-3236-46FC-ADA9-DFAE161CA907.jpeg .it may not turn out to be much but it does have some wild movement . There was a few more similar there which is now a secret spot ;) .
So My secret spot is part of the the old Monaro Highway . I was half way through digging when a high way patrol copper drove up next to me and asked me what I was doing . Here I am under a big old plum tree digging one of its off spring , which has become a dumping ground for old batteries , asbestos and even some old adult videos ( this is our society ) .
My inner thoughts were ‘here we go ‘. But with a smile and spade in hand I approached his vehicle and said ‘hi I grow bonsai and I am digging up a tree to turn it into a bonsai . With out letting him answer I continued on that I was driving home from going to a CBS meeting in Canberra and that I had some bonsai in the car which I had taken for” show and tell “ and he could have a look if he wanted .
Well to my dismay he declined to look at my trees , saying it was ok . I repeated that he was more than welcome to look at my trees and I was happy to show off my trees . He said “ no it’s ok he had a report of suspicious activity and he was just checking it out . I said he should come and check out the tree I was digging because it had some great movement . He declined , I was a bit disappointed because I was excited with my find . I think he thought I was a bit crazy .
Yeah I know it's kinda late and I should not resurrect a thread that old but, I've seen a picture like that not far from my farm, and old tree, with some stuff around it, I think it might be asbestos but I am not sure, I've heard it's dangerous, is it? Should I call an expert? I've found a couple on the internet

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”