These plants dont like me

Forum for discussion of Flowering and fuiting bonsai - Azalea, Serissa, Apricot etc.
Bella
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Re: These plants dont like me

Post by Bella »

Jamie wrote:I would be concerned more so bout the japanese maple and junipers, the rest are pretty tough, I am interested that you have yew! you(or yew? :P ) or yew :? :lol: arent seen in australia often, have been wanting to get my hands a few for a long time, have been told they might not do so well up here though, I would like to test it though ;)

there are ways that you can get the pup to stop getting at your trees, I know how they can be though, my little nearly 2 year old loves changing the soil mediums from pot to pot the little bugger, have a look at some of the natural products that keep animals away like herbs or spices (possibly chilli spray around the trees).

jamie :D
Yeah, my puppy is special, she loves chilli! And herbs. She has eaten all of mine! My last puppy was worse tho, she used to eat citronella plants. I have a knack for picking these dogs. She jumps my back fence, digs under the vege garden fence. Moves 6 or 7 potted plants just to get at the one at the back. Hmm I havent tried citronella on this dog yet, maybe I can try it. Ill take everyones ideas to an extreme and combine them. Hehehe that should do it. Fort Knox in my backyard!
bodhidharma wrote:Not heisting this thread but Yew's need a period of dormancy via freezing to be at optimal health.
Thanx dude, Ill keep that in mind. I am still learning about all the trees I have. I get them all at bunnings actually. Lol, yeah its like ur grandmother getting a computer from Harvey Norman but I dont have a bonsai shop nearby. How do you go about freezing them? Put them in the fridge?
Bella
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by Bella »

Ok, so I have a temporary solution for the bonsai outside thing. I got a set of metal shelves and put the bosai on the two top ones. Its on my back veranda but it will get morning sun and a bit of breeze without getting the really bad winds we have been getting. I figured its better than nothing. And since ill be out of the country for two weeks and my trees will be in my mothers care I figured a more sheltered spot is a safer bet till I get back that way they wont dry out as quick or anything like that.
Jamie
Bonsai passionardo
Bonsai passionardo
Favorite Species: CLERO!!!,ficus, celtis, juniper, elms
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: AUSBONSAI.COM

Post by Jamie »

thanks for the info bodhi :D

sorry re the hi jack :? :D

I sort of figured that might be a problem with the yew, freezing temps here would be a massive problem I think, Im not keen on sticck it in the freezer every day either.

ohwell! back to the trees that love it up here and grow hard!
SHOHIN YAKUZA!!!
:twisted: taking the top half of trees of since 2005! :twisted:
and growing trees for the future generations! 50+ year plans :D

Return to “Flowering and fruiting”