[ID] Pine Identification please

Forum for requesting identification of unknown species. Please read the Sticky on requirements prior to posting.
tr3nt29
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: eucalypt
Bonsai Age: 8

[ID] Pine Identification please

Post by tr3nt29 »

I'm not sure what kind of pine this is, the tag from mitre 10 says Allepo Pine, but it grows with no candles. Its about 4/5 years old, is this right?

Trent.
Last edited by Jamie on May 27th, 2010, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit title
If you wish to bake an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe.
Tachigi
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Any thing with foliage
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Pine Identification please

Post by Tachigi »

Its a two needle pine so that should narrow the field a bit :shock: :D

The 4 to 5 year disclaimer sounds right. The bark is very immature also hampering ID. As far as candles go if its time there for candles to emerge and your seeing none it most likely been way under feed. In turn with no candles it means its probably really weak...hows the soil? Beef up your feeding regime and get it in a really fast draining soil if its not already.
Cheers, Tom
The Behr Bonsai Scholarship
North Star Bonsai
Bonsai Vault
Don't flay yourself mentally when you make a mistake or when something bad happens. Just pick yourself up from the god-awful mess you’ve made, say to yourself "I must make a note not to do that again." and go on to the next step, of the hundred or so that remain.
tr3nt29
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: eucalypt
Bonsai Age: 8

Re: Pine Identification please

Post by tr3nt29 »

Tachigi wrote:As far as candles go if its time there for candles to emerge and your seeing none it most likely been way under feed.
Thanks for the reply,
What I meant is it has never had candles since I raised it from tube stock. Is it even in the pinus family?

Trent.
If you wish to bake an apple pie from scratch, first you must invent the universe.

Return to “Species Identification”