[Category 2] Eucalyptus 9 months training

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st May 2011. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

Noramay
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: Sale Bonsai Club

[Category 2] Eucalyptus 9 months training

Post by Noramay »

eucalyptus.JPG
Height 26cm
width at base 40mm

This tree self seeded into one of my mums pot plants and was given to me to plant out, I decided to try and make it into a bonsai after the main trunk was broken off and tore the bark nearly all the way down (this was late June 2010).
After it survived this I slip potted it into the centre of another nursery pot as it had been growing right on the edge of its original pot,
during a growth spurt late in October I repotted it into this pot (the tree in it had passed away on black Saturday) at this time I also stripped the bark off the trunk leaving just the 1st branch, which I have been clipping and growing on ever since, it got a lime sulphar treatment last weekend which is why it is so white in the pic.
I love the curve of the main trunk and how the 1st branch is powering on just like a big old gum in the paddock which gets struck by lightening and recovers with just a lower branch.
I hope you all like him as much as I do, Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gocny on March 26th, 2011, 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: format
Mummy of three under three, I love having my arms full

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2011”