[Category 2] Ficus obliqua?? 11 months

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st May 2011. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

buddaboy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Figs, Flowering Apricot, Bougainvillea
Bonsai Age: 0

[Category 2] Ficus obliqua?? 11 months

Post by buddaboy »

Started as a cutting off what I believe is a F.Obliqua in September 2009. Planted in propagation mix until late April 2010. Roots wrapped around rock, wrapped with Gladwrap, all holes and crevices filled with washed sand, planted in black pot with normal potting mix. In September 2010 I dug it out, unwrapped the Gladwrap and washed out the sand, checked that the roots were tight on the rock and replanted it into new mix in the same pot. In February I transferred it onto its current pot. I trimmed it last week and Im looking to create just the two foliage pads(One high and one to the side), keeping it compact, and hopefully within the Shohin size range. The highest point is 23cm above the soil.
Image05.jpg
Image07.jpg
I have added Pics of the root system.
Image08.jpg
Image10.jpg
If this tree is considered too old for Category 2 I apologise and ask the admins to remove it from judging. I also would appreciate any comments or critiques.
Ron
AKA Buddaboy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am the black sheep of the Bonsai world.

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2011”