[Category 3] Ficus Benjamina - 12 months in training

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st May 2011. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

Khoa
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pine
Bonsai Age: 1

[Category 3] Ficus Benjamina - 12 months in training

Post by Khoa »

I was given a ficus plant about a year ago. This is one of my very first plant. The plant has odd looking branches that are as big as the main trunk and I guess that why it was given to me. I read in a few online forums and after learning some ideas, I decided to chop above the first branch, which now has become the main trunk. The tree was repotted in Jan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Khoa
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pine
Bonsai Age: 1

Re: [Category 3] Ficus Benjamina - 12 months in training

Post by Khoa »

Pup wrote:Khoa I am not sure if you understand category 3 means, that you have been doing Bonsai 12 months or less. As you have not stated your bonsai age we do not know whether this is yours or not. The tree must be your work.

Cheers Pup
Yes sir Pup, My cousin has been doing it for a few years and he gave this tree to me when it was still a potted tree. I chopped it and wired it myself so I guess it is my work. And yes I think my bonsai age is just around 1 year or less and this is my first tree (I have a couple more but don't think they are native and need to check). Note the the wires and the pot was given to me by my cousin. If this is not allow, I could replace the pot or withdraw.
Regards
Khoa

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2011”