[Category 1] Clerodendron

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 31st May 2011. Click this link to find out more...
Note: This Contest is already closed

Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

[Category 1] Clerodendron

Post by Bretts »

Species: Clerodendron
Training: Bought as starter stock from nursery about 6 years ago
Form: Literati
Height: 28cm
Pot: 13cm
Brett Summers NSW

One of my first bonsai, last Year I started training this as Literati. A very fun tree to work with.
compcaly.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
peterjm68
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: Tweed Coast

Re: [Category 1] Clerodendron

Post by peterjm68 »

Hey Brett,
Nice Tree by the way.
I am trying to clear something up as I am trying to write a care page for this same variety on my website but have 2 conflicting spellings. I, like you have always thought of this variety as clerondron, but I see it is also spelt clerodendrum.

I have researched some of the clerodendum varieties but the leaves on these clerodendons seem slightly more elongated. but the flowers do look similar.

Any Ideas?
Peter Meredith has been growing bonsai for over 17 years and teaches classes on How to Bonsai in Northern NSW.

Check out my website www.balconybonsai.com.au
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Re: [Category 1] Clerodendron

Post by Bretts »

No sorry, some one else will have to answer as I just copy and paste others spelling :?
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2011”