[ANBITA] - Eucalyptus

Categories for all levels of enthusiasts and lots of great prizes. Submissions close 30th June 2012.
Steve Warren
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: NATIVES-MELS
Bonsai Age: 15

[ANBITA] - Eucalyptus

Post by Steve Warren »

[ANBITA] Eucalyptus (not yet sure of species) possibly Camaldulensis

I collected this little tree (see 2nd image) from under power lines cutting across a friends property in early October 2011. I have done very little to it except pruning and a repot. I am trying very hard to keep it at Shohin size. I am wondering if this is going to be possible long term or am I better to get it in the ground and let it go crazy for a couple of years and produce a larger tree.
IMG_5776 as collected.jpg
IMG_7932.jpg
IMG_7931 today 26.6.12.jpg
Not sure what has happened, but my images are coming up in a random order to how I listed them when posting.

Regards

Steve W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Steve Warren on June 27th, 2012, 3:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If it were not for my trees, maybe I could see the forest.
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Re: [ANBITA] - Eucalyptus

Post by MattA »

:clap:

I think keeping it to shohin size is very achievable & you have a great start on it already.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"

Return to “Ausbonsai Australian Native Bonsai Awards 2012”