[nealweb] Azalea

This forum contains entries in the AusBonsai Shohin Progressive Styling Competition 2011/2012 that have not conformed to the eligibility criteria, have been withdrawn from the competition or have died.
nealweb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: azalea
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Satsuki society

[nealweb] Azalea

Post by nealweb »

Second entry, another 'Rukizon' azalea. It was repotted at the end of July and then looked like the first pic. Then on August 23 the trunk got chopped down to how it is in the following pics. Height 180mm.
I've had it for a while but it would originally have been nursery stock for approximately $25
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Steven on March 5th, 2013, 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: ★ ★ ★
nealweb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [nealweb] azalea

Post by nealweb »

After much looking i didn't really like the upper part of the trunk so at the beginning of the comp I have just cut this section off hoping to stimulate more new growth and concentrate all growth energy into the new shoots. Now i have to leave him alone to grow and establish for a while.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nealweb
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [nealweb] azalea

Post by nealweb »

Time for my three month update. Growth has not been phenomenal, if not for the time frame of the comp I would probably just have left him be a little longer. However I have just removed some unwanted growth at this stage to focus all energy there and hopefully get some good extension and thickening there. Also hoping for some more sprouts from the trunk to create extra branches from.

Return to “Non conforming entries”