[Matt] Rosemary

This forum contains entries in the AusBonsai Shohin Progressive Styling Competition 2011/2012 that have not conformed to the eligibility criteria, have been withdrawn from the competition or have died.
matt_95
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

[Matt] Rosemary

Post by matt_95 »

I got this at Bunnings yesterday for $5.95, I've got a rosemary I experimented on a few years ago, it ramifies well and the trunk ages really quickly. Its to big to use though and it doesn't back bud so is to big to use anyway, I chose this one as the wood is still green so I can use wire on it, I'm not sure if it will be ready in time but I hope it will be ready though, I've read they can be "finished" in one season so we'll see. I'll need to work on nebari also, the roots are all very thin and grow downwards, I might try putting a washer around the base or something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Steven on March 5th, 2013, 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: withdrawn
Psymo
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus

Re: Matt-rosemary

Post by Psymo »

you might be interested in this viewtopic.php?f=130&t=2493&start=45&hilit=rosemary , and it goes well with most roasted meats :lol:
matt_95
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by matt_95 »

Thanks for that! I'll read the complete thread later, I only read the last page.

Its a tuscanny blue I forgot to add that to my OP, the same as the one I practiced on a few years ago.
matt_95
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by matt_95 »

I took the wire of this a week or so ago, dug in heaps but its almost all fixed up now thank goodness. The one I started too early died back because I didn't wire it properly. I'll just plant it in the garden and take cuttings from it.

I took this out of its pot and it nneds lots of work on the roots so I'll do that soon.

What do you guys think?
matt_95
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [Matt]-Withdrawn-rosemary

Post by matt_95 »

I would like to withdraw this one please, Dad took to it with a chainsaw yesterday :(
Last edited by Craig on November 28th, 2011, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: withdrawn

Return to “Non conforming entries”