[Bougy Fan] Duranta repens

A continuation of entries in the 2011-2012 competition. To take your existing shohin and refine them further over 18 months.
Bougy Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Bougainvillea, Ficus and Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: Bimer

Re: [Bougy Fan] Duranta repens

Post by Bougy Fan »

Still trying to get some branching in the right place and direction but I am happy
9th Update Duranta 1.jpg
9th Update Duranta 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Tony

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
Bougy Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Bougy Fan »

Still slowly trying to build the branching at the rear to give it some depth. It may have been a bit early to put it into a bonsai pot but I prefer to put them in a little earlier and let them establish. I learnt this lesson with the first comp where nothing was 'finished' in time
10th update duranta1 resize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Tony

"The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
Bougy Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Bougy Fan »

This is the final submission
Duranta 11th update 1.jpg
Duranta 11th update 2.jpg
Duranta 11th update 3.jpg
I am very happy with this tree - it was never ready when the first comp ended but is settling down nicely into a bonsai pot. I am happier now with the branching but it still needs some refining. I am not sure about the bonsai pot it is in - but I am hoping to enter it into our club show next year. It needs to be fed a little and look a bit healthier. The mix may be a little fine so next repot it will most likely go into a slightly coarser mix. I love the deadwood on this tree and haven't done anything to it other than a little bit of Dremel work. Very pleased with this trees progress.
Regards Tony

Return to “Category 1. REFINE”