[Jan] Callistemon sieberi 2

To create the best possible Shohin sized bonsai from raw, untrained stock over a period of 18 months.
Jan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives, wisterias
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai, Goulburn Bonsai

Re: [Jan] Callistemon sieberi 2

Post by Jan »

20140929_CalFront.JPG
Front
20140929_CalSide.JPG
Side
20140929_CalBackJPG.JPG
Back
20140929_CalSide2.JPG
Side2

As time goes on I'm very happy with this choice of pot. It allows me a bit of space to "dress" the plant with a bit of river sand to commemorate its origin as a riverside plant. The depth helps to keep the moisture level up and the colour is reminiscent of the Aussie bush. The plant is just starting bud swell with the new growth.

The tablelands weather has been chilly particularly in the evenings so we are only seeing the first signs of spring. If you look closely you can see the start of new shoots.

I have quite a way to go to develop a good branch structure but I'm enjoying the journey and am happy with the framework so far.

Jan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives, wisterias
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai, Goulburn Bonsai

Re: [Jan] Callistemon sieberi 2

Post by Jan »

I plan to continue building the branch structure on this one, to increase ramification and to get flowers. This plant has a small flower, creamy with a pink blush - flowers would be a pleasing reminder of where we used to live. I'll push this one along with regular fertiliser and try to build on the framework so far.

I plan to keep this one to shohin size and in this pot for now. I'm just looking for the plant to fill out this season.

Jan.

Return to “Category 2. CREATE”