[David Willoughby] F. rubiginosa #3

To create the best possible Shohin sized bonsai from raw, untrained stock over a period of 18 months.
DavidWilloughby
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: IBS

Re: [David Willoughby] F. rubiginosa #3

Post by DavidWilloughby »

Hi all,

Thanks Neli, there will be future adjustments that will take place as far as branch placement goes once it fills out. Quick update on this, it went into a Bonsai pot today and I hope to defoliate it in about 6 weeks time and I will update it again then.
ab3 PJF 21 May 2014 A.jpg
ab3 PJF 21 May 2014 B.jpg
Cheers

David

EDITED: grammar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DavidWilloughby on May 21st, 2014, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neli
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tropical
Bonsai Club: Bonsai alaminutte

Post by Neli »

I like it...I can imagine it filled up with thickened branches...so we both have now ROR for the competition... :P
I ask lots of questions that sound like suggestions. Please remember I am a inquisitive newbie trying to figure out why You made a particular decision, in order to learn.
I started a blog:http://nelibonsai.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... a-nursery/
DavidWilloughby
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Club: IBS

Post by DavidWilloughby »

Hi all,

Final submission of this one.

I have been content with its progress within the time frame we had to work on them, but again it needs more years under its belt to bring out the best. Similar to the others, it hasn't refoliated enough to warrant me posting, but shall update it for the purposes of the progression.
PJF3 A 14 Aug 2014.jpg
*14 September 2014 before
PJF3 D 14 Aug 2014.jpg
*14 September 2014 after defoliating and rewiring

Perhaps had I done what I done above around August 20 and only tip pruned the growth on it would be different. Hindsight is wonderful.
PJF3 30 September 2014 ruler.jpg
*the ruler shot as at yesterday
PJF3 30 September 2014 B.jpg
*as it stands now

Its not much to look at it, but it was fun to play around with an old cutting I had planted over a rock.

The intention is to continue it on its current path, increase ramification and then look to refine it further over the coming years. I might let it have its head until next year or I might defoliate it again late December, but it will depend on growth.

Cheers

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Neli
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tropical
Bonsai Club: Bonsai alaminutte

Post by Neli »

Lovely!
I ask lots of questions that sound like suggestions. Please remember I am a inquisitive newbie trying to figure out why You made a particular decision, in order to learn.
I started a blog:http://nelibonsai.wordpress.com/2013/07 ... a-nursery/

Return to “Category 2. CREATE”