[bretts] Parrotia

Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Re: [bretts] Parrotia

Post by Bretts »

Just starting to wake. A change into something less comfortable perhaps?
bonsai 007.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

With my ever present good luck charm,
bonsai 001.jpg
We repotted this one today
bonsai 005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

Hieght
bc 033.jpg
Final picture
bcper.jpg
Last edited by Bretts on October 30th, 2012, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steven
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favorite Species: [color=green]Casuarina[/color]
Bonsai Age: 15
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai & The School of Bonsai

Post by Steven »

G'day again Brett,

Please update your submission with final text before midnight Thursday 1st November to ensure you remain eligible for the competition.

Regards,
Steven
Check out the AusBonsai Store ǀ Wiki ǀ Blogs ǀ Gallery ǀ 360˚ ǀ
Remember to be polite and abide by the Spirit and Intent of AusBonsai
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

This has been my first work with a Parrotia. They seem like great candidates for bonsai. I am very happy with the progress over the year. Obviously the leafless image shows the promise of this tree better than the leaf out image at the moment. But Don Deluca has shown that these take to defoliation well and with better ramification and a reduction in the leaf size this could make a very impressive shohin in the future.
I think a more masculine pot would work better. Just dropping the widest point on the pot could make the difference but I would also like to try a rounded rectangle pot.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

This one didn't like the heat much this year, I was a bit late with the secondary pot or it may have fared better. Lets see how it goes next season as I try to refine it.
Current hieght 200mm
par1.jpg
par2.jpg
Kyushu Danji
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ginkgo, Japanese Maple, Stewartia
Bonsai Club: CBS

Post by Kyushu Danji »

I have to say this was one of my favourite entries from the last competition. I look forward to seeing its refinement and new spring growth later this year!
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher

Post by Bretts »

This one just sleeping for Winter. Leaf burn was annoying last season, not sure if it was the pot or the dry year so still undecided if it will get a larger pot this season?
june13 017.jpg

Return to “Category 1 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”