[Ryan1979b] - Port Jackson Fig - Entry1

Ryan1979b
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper/Maple/Casuarinas
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: none

Re: Ryan - Port Jackson Fig - Entry1 (Final)

Post by Ryan1979b »

Hi All,

Here is my final styling submission for the Shohin Comp. As previously mentioned I have to submit my finals tonight due to a travel conssesion given.

Anyway, I was always worried about having this tree done in time as I was going to defoliate it 4 weeks prior to the submission date. I think the extra week would have been benificial with this tree although in my case that wasn't an option. I had a stroke of bad luck with two hot days in september that really effected the tree and all but a few leaves died. This pretty much forced a defoliation as I removed all the dead leaves only leaving a few, some of which you can tell by the size in the photos. luckily the tree had enough roots to produce sufficient budding back but time wasn't on my side. There are still plenty of small buds showing up so they should develop over the next few weeks. Si i'm not overly happy with how far the tree has developed But it was a fun interesting project :D I have done a vert of where I would like the tree to be in a few years.

It measures in at 235mm above the lip of the pot:
Shohin PJ 22-10-12 - (1 of 6).jpg
Shohin PJ 22-10-12 - (2 of 6).jpg
Shohin PJ 22-10-12 - (3 of 6).jpg
Shohin PJ 22-10-12 - (4 of 6).jpg
Shohin PJ 22-10-12 - (5 of 6).jpg
Shohin PJ 22-10-12 - (6 of 6).jpg
PJ Vert-2.jpg
Cheers all and good luck with your submissions :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryan1979b
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniper/Maple/Casuarinas
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: none

Re: [Ryan1979b] - Port Jackson Fig - Entry1

Post by Ryan1979b »

Dam, Same as with my Juni, didn't get a chance to do it over the easter break from being away camping..... :palm:

Return to “Category 1 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”