[de_keizer] hinoki

karraway2
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: [de_keizer] hinoki

Post by karraway2 »

i have no problem with the jin, it is the burnt look that seems out of place. how did the jin catch fire but not the rest of thevtree? just needed to get a wire brush and clean it back is all for my mind, but i am only a beginner.
Hackimoto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Kurume Azaleas,Figs, Wisteria, Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 53
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast, Tweed Bonsai Club

Post by Hackimoto »

Lightning???? :lost: I agree Any jin especially a charred one looks inconsistent with such a lush, healthy looking tree. :2c:
de_keizer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: ficus, elm
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by de_keizer »

ok update time

ive removed the jin as i felt that it didn't fit with the picture i was trying to create

ive also potted it up into a pot that i think suites it quite well

anyway here's some pics sorry about the quality but work isnt letting me take pictures during the day at the moment
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoGanic
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Shimpaku
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by MoGanic »

:clap: :clap: Good work =] Your cypress looks as old and as large as mine, except mine in actuality is far larger - a difficult task you have achieved and I applaud you good sir!
There are many ways to do things, but only one "best" way.
de_keizer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: ficus, elm
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by de_keizer »

ok time for the final submission.

Initially I had no clue what i was gong to do with this tree so i just started cutting what I knew I didn't want/need off. I then proceeded to wire the branches roughly so I cold move them around and see what they looked like in different positions this resulted in what I thought was going to be the front becoming the back and vice versa. This resulted in a tree that initially may have been a bit bare but had a structure that I found very pleasing and that I believed would simulate a full size tree in nature. As the months have progressed I have had the pleasure of watching this tree grow and fill out and I look forward to watching it grow over the next 50 odd years. Hopefully ill be able to keep this tree happy and healthy whilst still keeping with and refining my original design (unless I decide on a drastic redesign but I don't see that happening). I plan on changing the pot to something shallower in a couple of years once I have worked the roots more but for now i'm happy with the pot its in.

final pic
finished front.jpg
measured
mesured.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Category 1 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”