Favorite Species: natives, wisterias
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai, Goulburn Bonsai

{Not updated}[Jan] Wisteria sinensis

Post by Jan »

2013-03-09_10.24.42_WisteriaSinensis.JPG
2013-03-09_10.25.JPG
Wisteria Sinensis
Original height of stock: 320mm (from top of pot to tip of tree/leaves - plan to reduce after April 1)
Where you obtained it from: Cutting 2009.
Cost of stock: Some honey, time and attention.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kcpoole on April 9th, 2014, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: {Not updated}
Jan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: [Jan] Wisteria sinensis

Post by Jan »

Branch chop for this plant today; the branch has little taper so I will chop it to try to set it up for Spring growth that should create more taper and ramification. I also trimmed the original trunk chop dead wood back to where the branch comes off. Wisteria wood is quite fibrous and can be prone to rot so I didn't see this little stump as a carving opportunity.
2013-04-26_13.14.05_Wisteria.JPG
Frosts have started here so I’ll try to extend the growing season a bit for this plant to encourage it to heal and set up new buds for spring growth by placing a poly grow tube over the plant and pot, and positioning it up against the shed water tank to take advantage of the thermal mass creating a warmer overnight micro climate.

Jan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jan »

Winter and the loss of leaves are the only visible changes to this little fellow for now.
2013-05-29_16.32.08_Wisteria sinensis.JPG
I don't expect much action for months yet but am thinking of moving this one inside my big bay windows to see if the modified climate of my lounge room (easterly aspect, great light, no frost) might get this one going earlier. I'll pot it into some fresh mix before the move to give it every chance to get a head start.
Jan.
Jan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jan »

2013-09-29_07.59.37_Wisteria.JPG
New Shoots, spring is here. I'll be looking to feed this little one up and launch into some serious clip 'n grow to try for a bit of quick ramification now we have growing weather in sight. I have my eye on a small lotus shaped bowl for this one to move on to when I re-pot. Would have been nice to have seen a flower (this will be a shorter racemed blue/purple one) but there is always next year ( or maybe a later flower flush in response to the feeding :fc: )

Jan.
Jan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Jan »

Withdrawn - lost!

Yes, I've no clear idea of what happened to it but I did have a "Clean up" here a while ago but am surprised that a wisteria would get tossed. Not only can I not find the plant, I can't find the pot either (not that it was anything special but it did have that old label on it so should be easy to identify).

I can only say, ah, sweet mystery of life! And consider this to be yet another.

Happy New Year to all AusBonsaists,

Jan.

Return to “Category 2 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”