Post by dansai »

Species: Ficus sp. (probably F. macrocarpa or F. rubiginosa
Height: 200 mm
Origin: Nursery I do some work at
Cost: $0
Ficus 2 Start1.jpg
Ficus 2 Start2.jpg
Ficus 2 Start3.jpg
This is another Fig I got from the nursery I do some work at. Like the previous one it was trunk chopped and flat cut below some roots. I recently removed some branches to allow the vigour to be directed to the leader. Again I'll probably pot into a larger pot and feed like crazy to get some thickening of the leader.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kcpoole on April 9th, 2014, 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: {Not updated}
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Aussie Natives
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Re: [dansai] Ficus sp. No. 2

Post by dansai »

This one has just had a repot, a tidy up of the trunk chop and some wire. I like the base but I'm not sure the rest will develop in time to match it. We'll see.
1 April 2013 Roots.jpg
1 April 2013 Pot & Wire.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dansai »

Quick update

Sorry for the photo quality. Just had a new baby and in the process of moving my nursery.

This got knocked over by a falling branch, so I repotted with gravel and dynamic lifter as in the fast growth method described elsewhere on AusBonsai. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold as not an ideal time for repotting.
June 27 2013.jpg

dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dansai »

Not a lot happening here. Hope warmer weather brings some growth.
image.jpg

dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by dansai »

Still slow on the growth. Unfortunately I have been away and then very ill so care of my plants has been minimal. Couple that with only about 50mm rain since July and only 65mm in June, an empty water tank and no town water and all my plants have suffered. :palm:
Nov 10-20131.jpg

Return to “Category 2 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”