Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Re: [Sno] Callistemon

Post by Watto »

You sniviler Sno, good tree though!
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Hi Rory . I agree the moss is too high . The moss is there to hide a rogue root that I have to work out what to do with . Hopefully i'll remove the root next time I repot, depending on what is happening with the rest of the roots . The moss I originally had there in the December photo dried out and I replaced it with some moss that was growing around another tree just before I took the final photo . Thanks for your comments
Cheers Craig
Watto I think the words you were looking for was sucking up :tounge: . Thanks mate . I hope you have a good show this weekend .
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Well it was a nice holiday . One branch grew at least a metre and it had a light pink flower on it before it was chopped . The trunk refuses to thicken but it is aging a bit . We'll see what another year can do .
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Wasn't paying attention .
image.jpg
It's current hieght is 180mm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

This tree hasn't done anything over winter , should start to push growth in a month or two .
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

So the wind huffed and puffed in October and blew away my apex . I've been trying to get the apex right since I started so I'm not unhappy that it's gone . Now I just have to figure where to go . Popping buds everywhere .
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

So I have repotted this twice since the last update . It hasn't missed a beat . The first pot was ok but I wanted something I could let the weeping branches grow longer . I made a rock pot which I like but when you take a photo of it it looks heavier than it is in 3D.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The apex needs sorting out .
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

I have played with the apex .
image.jpeg
I have to work out how to display this properly , it's hard to see this in a photo but the rock looks like it is balancing on its edge . At the moment it's mechanically attached to the pot it's sitting on .
image.jpeg
We've been having light frosts most nights since before Easter the odd -5 and this tree is still pushing a little growth .
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

This one caught a cold and is looking a little bit run down . Oh the drama , will it pull through in the spring ? You'll have to stay tuned for the next episode . ;)
image.jpeg
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

Ok . I know a lot of people are going crazy with anticipation . What happened ? Well folks there is good and bad news . The good news is it's still alive . Just . The bad news is I'm withdrawing it from the comp .
image.jpeg
Interestingly with one of the current threads going at the moment . I'm watering it every day have given it seasol and am keeping it in a sheltered spot . More from curiosity than anything else . It may die back to nothing . I am expecting it to shoot soon and will keep everyone updated .
Cheers Sno

Return to “Category 1 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”