Post by dansai »

Species: Pinus thunbergii
Height: 450 mm
Source: Bonsai World Jilliby
Cost: $20
JBP Shohin Comp 16-17 - 3.jpg
JBP Shohin Comp 16-17 - 2.jpg
JBP Shohin Comp 16-17 - 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus
Charliegreen
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Black Pine
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: [dansai] JBP

Post by Charliegreen »

Hope you bought it.

roughly $6 per every year of its existence. Good deal
dansai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Aussie Natives
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Coffs Harbour

Re: [dansai] JBP

Post by dansai »

Got stuck into this one removing the top and starting a jin and then removing all but 2 useful branches
First Styling.jpg
Then got a good trim of the roots. Yes that is the pot it came out of sitting next to it.
Bare rooted.jpg
And into an over sized training pot.
First Pot.jpg
I know its often recommended to do tops and roots at different times with pines, and I did go pretty hard on the roots, but if it survives it will mean a more suitable pot a lot quicker.

And am also aware its not considered the best time to repot. But it only just turned autumn here a few weeks ago and no real sign of winter yet. I have maples pushing new buds and pines with developing candles.

As for my plan, what I thought originally was to use the left hand branch as cascading branch and create the apex out of the right. When I repotted I found a large gap in the roots, and other large ones that wouldn't allow me to tilt it the way I wanted. So the lesson there - check out the roots properly first before removing too many options! So now its just TLC and :fc: and reassess after spring candles have set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Travelling the Mid North Coast of NSW and beyond to attend Markets and other events

www.bonsaibus.com.au - www.facebook.com/TheBonsaiBus - www.instagram.com/thebonsaibus

Return to “Category 2 withdrawn, disqualified or dead entries”