It's Raining It's Raining

Australian conditions vary from one extreme to another. What do you do and when do you do it?
Graeme
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive, ficus, azalea
Bonsai Age: 36

Re: It's Raining It's Raining

Post by Graeme »

I was having a good old whinge about this damn rain all day - until I heard what you poor buggers were getting up to in Bundy, Barry. Mind you I am still not to happy with you blokes for sending it down the coast and not keeping it up there.

Have only ventured outside for very brief checks today and all seems to be going OK so far. This is a new (for us) house and I wasn't sure what to expect in the event of rain, but it appears the old chap who owned the property before us has pretty well fixed any drainage issues, although I'm not sure my neighbours would agree. Trees are all fine, although I did have a large boug' blow over with one of the wind gusts. Bring on the sunshine - we've had enough rain.
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion
Graeme
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive, ficus, azalea
Bonsai Age: 36

Post by Graeme »

Well, spoke to soon!!! Just spent an enjoyable - not!! half hour or so outside in the rain tieing what used to be our steel awning on the front verandah to a fence post, as it isn't attached to the verandah anymore. Quick look with the torch, through the rain, doesn't appear to be any damage to the verandah, thankfully. Also looks as if it missed the cars as it blew off. Hated that awning anyhow :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: . Wish this wind would ease up, but not expected to until late tomorrow, maybe - if then.
Graeme
I will forever defend your right
to disagree with my opinion
Barry1
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1

Post by Barry1 »

Sorry for sending it your way Graeme but why should we have all the fun , looks like we are in for a repeat of the floods from 2 years ago but may be worse
A mate went for a drive this morning to help some friends evacuate their business before it goes under water and he said Bundy looks like a war zone
Lots of roads closed and still it keeps coming :palm:

Barry
anttal63
Bend me twist me
Bend me twist me
Bonsai Age: 14
Bonsai Club: MYCLUB

Post by anttal63 »

Wishing you all Gods speed and a safe end to natures wrath !!! :tu: :tu: :tu:
Regards Antonio:

Return to “Climate, Weather and timing”