Bee problem

We have some unique pests to deal with in Australia. Post your experiences and treatments here for others to learn from.
BoNZai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 19

Re: Bee problem

Post by BoNZai »

Thanks G Bee,

I'm not 100 % sure if they are honey bees, I'm not that knowlegable on bees, i suppose they could be wild bees.
Of course you are correct about the egg laying by the Queen B. I should have worked trhat out for myself :oops:
Anyway, when the time comes that my drum gets unindated by them, I will let you know and send you a few pics. In the mean time, thanks for your help!

boNZai
BoNZai
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 19

Post by BoNZai »

kcpoole wrote:
Bretts wrote:
No bees here, Just a friendly Magpie
wonder how friendly it will be in breeding season :lol:
It is Breeding season

I have found that if you feed them they will learn to recognise you and people you associalte with. Once you are their Mate, they will not hassle you again

I have done this over several locations and populations of birds and had the same response from them all
Very smart they are

ps
Maggies do not like red shirts. someone in red will get attacked before anyone else

Ken
Thanks for the tip ken,

I can tell you that they don't like my helmet which is yellow and white either!!

BoNZai
Gary Bee
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Most
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: The School of Bonsai/Bonsai Society of Australia

Post by Gary Bee »

G/Day! BoNZai,

The senior beekeepers can not give any answer to the eggs on the walls above the waterline. :idea: :idea:
It is probably another insect of some sort. :D

With the magpie problem, we used to paint eyes or stitch buttons on the back of our hat/cap/helmet and it seemed to ward off the Dive Bomb attacks from Magpies. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gary
<](:-))
Yamadori is purely Bonsai in spades
My Avatar is a female Apis Mellifera (honey bee) from before 2600BC
Up until now she has been responsible for pollinating 80% of mankind's fruit and vegetables
as well as 90% of mother earth's flowers. What if...............?
Jamie
Bonsai passionardo
Bonsai passionardo
Favorite Species: CLERO!!!,ficus, celtis, juniper, elms
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: AUSBONSAI.COM

Post by Jamie »

i have a similar problem to this, not so much be as it is paper wasps! you know the little black wasps which make little "nests" that hang vertically of a surface, the "nest" is a greyish colour and looks like a string of beads as such. i only have it on the one tree to, i ficus benji. and they just keep comin back, ive tried fire, water blasting, fly spray just about everything you could think of and they just keep coming back to the same tree and the same branch, so i blasted them removed the branch and wouldnt ya know it two hours later straight back on the tree. this conundrum has got me puzzled so if any one out there knows about this i would appreciate it :D

regards jamie :D
SHOHIN YAKUZA!!!
:twisted: taking the top half of trees of since 2005! :twisted:
and growing trees for the future generations! 50+ year plans :D
Petra
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Australian Natives
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: NIL

Post by Petra »

Bretts wrote:
No bees here, Just a friendly Magpie
wonder how friendly it will be in breeding season :lol:
Dont feed the dam thing, they have our cat trained well. He bangs on the door to be fed and when our back is turned hes laying there and magpies walk straight pass him and eat his biscuits.
Learn from yesterday,live for today,hope for tomorrow.The important thing is, to not stop questioning. Albert Einstein...

Return to “Pests and Diseases”