japanese maple gone completely brown

We have some unique pests to deal with in Australia. Post your experiences and treatments here for others to learn from.
Elias
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: 0

Re: japanese maple gone completely brown

Post by Elias »

Hi Jimmy,

Some good advice has been given, I think it could be a little pot bound, when was the last time it was repotted....?
I have found on a few occurrences with pot bound maples, that their root system can be very vigorous, and this can lead to drainage issues and at times the roots are so dense that little moisture or water can get to the root ball no matter how much you water is poured via the top of the pot, I would water via dunking. although not too often.

BTW Do you have it indoors or is it mainly kept outdoors...?
jimmyle
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by jimmyle »

it is kept outdoors but for now it is inside so that i can watch it a little closer. im not too sure when the last time it was repotted because i bought the tree from someone early summer. when a forest planting like this how should i prune the roots while keeping the same placement?
Jordy
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: [color=#BF0040]Acer Platanoides[/color]
Bonsai Club: [color=#FFBF00]Aus[/color]Bonsai, Bonsai Society of Southern Tasmania

Post by Jordy »

I would also love to know how that is done (Researching Japanses Maple), maintaining the tree's forest placing while removing the trees for a root trim.

anyone?
Pet hate = being called Jordan. Please, its a Y! not an A! I know its pedantic... but hey, thats me! :D Jordy!
jimmyle
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by jimmyle »

GERAT NEWS!! leaves are coming back to the bonsai all over the place and everything is looking awesome now...

thanks everyone for the reassuring info

Return to “Pests and Diseases”