Rob101
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 13

Tian Bonsai Tools

Post by Rob101 »

Hi all

Im looking for some new tools and came accross the Tian Bonsai master and professional series on AliExpress. Has anyone used them and have any feedback on their quality??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dub
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olives
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Northern Districts

Re: Tian Bonsai Tools

Post by Dub »

I have purchased about 10 of their highest quality stainless steel tools. I have found all their various style of tools excellent particularly any cutting tools, I have purchased different scissors and various styles of branch cutters, brilliantly sharp.
Although my tools were well packaged there was no guarantee or proof on the packaging that indicated indeed I was receiving the quality of tools that I had paid for, because as you have probably discovered there is up to 4 different quality/grades of scissors for example. I sent an email to Tian Bonsai regarding my concern and was very pleased with the very,very quick response I received from the manager, he asked me to photograph my purchased tools and his subsequent response absolutely proved to me I had received the correct top quality/grade tools for which I had paid. I would recommend this company.
Rob101
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Tian Bonsai Tools

Post by Rob101 »

Excellent thanks for your feedback.

pyrohamish
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Club: BSWA

Post by pyrohamish »

I'm looking at buying a few decent quality tools to upgrade my cheap chinese ebay set. Any idea how these compare to Kaneshin tools, their price is similar?
The Surgeon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus & Figs
Bonsai Age: 11
Bonsai Club: Geelong

Post by The Surgeon »

pyrohamish wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 10:47 pm I'm looking at buying a few decent quality tools to upgrade my cheap chinese ebay set. Any idea how these compare to Kaneshin tools, their price is similar?
Hia,
I also started with cheap tools and am slowly acquiring Kaneshin. The quality is high and they feel great in your hand. :imo:
Rob101
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Rob101 »

Yer i think i will head towards the Kaneshin direction.....expensive but not a bad word written about them anywhere

pyrohamish
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Club: BSWA

Post by pyrohamish »

Any suggestions for which scissors to get? I was thinking maybe two pairs one for finer work the other heavier.
The Surgeon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pinus & Figs
Bonsai Age: 11
Bonsai Club: Geelong

Post by The Surgeon »

pyrohamish wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 11:39 pm Any suggestions for which scissors to get? I was thinking maybe two pairs one for finer work the other heavier.

Without knowing what's in your tool kit, I would suggest one pair of scissors and a concave branch cutter for your heavier work.
Jarad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Juniperus, Melaleuca, Taxodium
Bonsai Age: 9

Post by Jarad »

Rob101 wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 7:17 pm Yer i think i will head towards the Kaneshin direction.....expensive but not a bad word written about them anywhere
I will try my hand at some negative feedback:
Their tools are awesome, their communication is excellent and their customer service is out of this world.

:palm:
I think I failed.
-Jarad

I don't trust Bonsai, they are a little shady.
austindrake
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by austindrake »

Well, thanks to this thread, I was going to purchase some Ryuga tools, but in the end I went with a simple set from their Professional 'Mu Tian' tools.
Got a 6 piece set for the savings (was originally going to buy 2 Ryuga tools but for the slight difference in cost I though, why not?) to upgrade my cheapo $20 set from eBay that I had bought to get me started.

Very much looking forward to thier arrival!
Rob101
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Rob101 »

austindrake wrote:Well, thanks to this thread, I was going to purchase some Ryuga tools, but in the end I went with a simple set from their Professional 'Mu Tian' tools.
Got a 6 piece set for the savings (was originally going to buy 2 Ryuga tools but for the slight difference in cost I though, why not?) to upgrade my cheapo $20 set from eBay that I had bought to get me started.

Very much looking forward to thier arrival!
Austin, please put up a review once you recieve your set, id be interested in your view as the tian pro or master set for around $300 looks tempting Image

austindrake
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by austindrake »

I should say that I received my tools after about 2 weeks, and they look amazing. I bought this set Professional Grade 6 PCS Bonsai tool set, and they were oiled, felt weighty and had no play with the joints. First impressions were certainly good, so far I feel like these are a good purchase - only problem is that Autumn is not the best time to buy tools! I'm itching to use them come spring where I'll try to post a bit more information, even with my limited experience. Hope this helps!

Return to “Availability of supplies”