lelandolson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Junipers
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Club

Re: Importing a Ficus bonsai from China to Australia

Post by lelandolson »

I have very similar experience with that story. I imported 2 from China last 8 years and it took awhile for me to get it. You need to check on their web site what species you can import and where you can import them from. The good thing is i use a customs broker to help me importing it.

Customs broker charge me $450 which covers all customs paperwork. It will be hassle free if you get a broker as they will make it all worth it. For me it is a good price considering you can buy 2 or more.
Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Post by Matthew »

Totally forgot about this thread. I ended up donating this tree to the national collection as it just wasent adapting to my winters and there overwintering facilities are much better then mine. I believe its still there and doing well.
Tree had phenomenal short internodes and i did take several cuttings to persevere as shohin.
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

Amazing thread to read... I'll not be importing trees but I admire the commitment to do it and indeed, envious of the trees available.

And Matthew or Noah... if you were in Melbourne this week ... you might need to pull the covers of your Ark ... plenty of rain about. ;)
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
lelandolson
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Junipers
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: Bonsai Club

Post by lelandolson »

lelandolson wrote: April 29th, 2020, 3:42 pm I have very similar experience with that story. I imported 2 from China last 8 years and it took awhile for me to get it. You need to check on their web site what species you can import and where you can import them from. The good thing is i use a customs broker to help me importing it.

Customs broker charge me $450 which covers all customs paperwork. It will be hassle free if you get a broker as they will make it all worth it. For me it is a good price considering you can buy 2 or more.
Thanks to ACC customs broker Perth for helping me.

Return to “Availability of supplies”