Matthew
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: pines and maples
Bonsai Age: 17
Bonsai Club: none

Re: watering system recommendations

Post by Matthew »

Ryceman3 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 2:49 pm My system is probably somewhere between Matthew's above and wrcmad.
I use the same controller brand as wrcmad ... but the Toro DDC4, outdoor unit which is in the box below (it comes supplied in this) and it operates the 2 solenoids you see mounted to the right which water my 2 racks. Like the DDC6 it has a 9V back up battery so black outs are covered. I've had it running for a fair while now and I am finding it to be very reliable - never had an issue with function... probably shouldn't say that out loud (touch wood!).
IMG_2847.jpg
Before this I tried cheaper battery powered timer units connected directly to the tap, but was never confident in them being reliable as I had several fail within a month or so of using them. Can't recommend that avenue.
:beer:
Nice setup :hooray: . Much neater then mine that is in a hot house . I should spend some time with conduit , proper mounting etc
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Re: watering system recommendations

Post by MJL »

I am getting a little envious with some of the set ups here... good to see. I think I have to get proper bench space (for maintenance not display - thinking tiered, galvanised as the option); a shade house and a watering system .... dream I will.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.

Return to “Availability of supplies”