melbrackstone
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: the ones that live
Bonsai Age: 28
Bonsai Club: Redlands, BIMER, VNBC

Re: Anyone used Bonsai Warehouse?

Post by melbrackstone »

Thanks for letting us know Sonya. At least we know not to deal with them now!
pauljmzi
Favorite Species: Pinus Thunbergii
Bonsai Age: 15

Post by pauljmzi »

Really wish I had seen this thread sooner...

Having the same issues with Bonsai Warehouse now. No responses to calls or emails - multiple attempts. Waiting 6 weeks now. Worst customer service I have ever experienced from any online retailer, ever.

Worse still I paid with AfterPay - don't do it! They won't refund like paypal. They expect you to 'contact the seller' in order for them to ok the refund... whcich gets a bit circular if the seller won't respond to repeated calls and emails.

Posting this so hopefully others will avoid the same mistake :( Will update if there is any news.
Brekel
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tas natives
Bonsai Age: 2

Post by Brekel »

Same here :(
Ordered a tool that was on special, in stock in Australia, free express post.
I was going to go elsewhere but thought I'd give them a go as it was Australian stock (QLD they said) and I wanted it fairly quick. Nearly a week later, order still shows as "Processing" and they don't respond to messages :(
Cannot recommend this company. Just glad I chose Paypal.
Nothofagus-Melaleuca-Leptospermum-Lagarostrobos-Cedrus-Acer
Jasohughes
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by Jasohughes »

Have also used them recently, waited three weeks for two items. Nothing arrived. No reply to multiple email, Facebook or cellphone calls. Do not trade with this retailer.
Bonsai Chris
Favorite Species: Juniper
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: North Rocks bonsai

Post by Bonsai Chris »

This company are the worst of the worst, like iv read on here, I to wish I knew how dodgy they were before I brought through them, I spent $220 on what was meant to be my first quality tools, I used afterpay how don't give a shari about customers not receiving goods they take money for, it's purely unethical. Endless emails and phones calls, voice mails left and they refuse to answer any of them. I am going to lodge a formal complaint with fair trading tomorrow, I'm not a rich person so to be ripped off $220 is big for me just trying to enjoy a hobby. I will be doing my part to ensure this company is well known to be fraudulent and to avoid at all costs.
johnnydougherty
Favorite Species: Junipers
Bonsai Age: 4
Bonsai Club: northern district

Post by johnnydougherty »

Hi everyone! just want to ask if you know any other warehousing company that services bonsai in au?
juan73870
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: whatever is in front of me...
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by juan73870 »

not really sure what you're talking about here Johnny?
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: ;) :whistle:
andywang
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by andywang »

Just wanted to come here to say that I put in an order on 24/10 for a Bonsai starter kit - never heard back from them. Tried contacting via email but nothing. Now escalating to Paypal for resolution - buyer beware!!
Grainer
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: BSV

Post by Grainer »

easy.. just go to Freestylebonsai.com :tu:
Freestylebonsai.com - Release the spirit of the tree
Ethical Yamadori Bonsai Australia
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1634059 ... ?ref=br_tf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Redsonic
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Casuarina
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Redlands

Post by Redsonic »

You would think by now that Paypal would close their account :roll:
KazR
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maples
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Sydney school of bonsai

Post by KazR »

Oh Lord, I wish I'd seen this thread BEFORE I bought. Newbie here, am having issues finding any tools in stock, I made the trek to two different nurseries, one was an hour away, and everywhere is sold out. I tried to buy through bonsai shop, also out of stock, apparently 'till July. So I bought through bonsai warehouse, 3 weeks now and no order, no reply to any of my emails. I just lodged a dispute with paypal. Why are they still allowed to trade? I'll be reporting to fair trading.
LLK
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Acacia howittii
Bonsai Age: 25
Bonsai Club: CBS, WCBG

Post by LLK »

Hi Kaz,
The most obvious way of finding bonsai tools would be the club you belong to, the Sydney School of Bonsai. I would expect this club to have as first contact
Ray Nesci Bonsai Nursery
Tel. 2 96541893
26 Sagars Rd, Dural, NSW 2158
Excellent bonsai nursery, usually with a wide assortment of everything. Don't race to Dural, just give them a call.
Another top class bonsai nursery is
Bonsai South Nursery
(02) 9531 4589
114-116 The Boulevarde, Caringbah NSW 2229
bonsaisouth.com.au
When we go to Sydney to get tools, pots or bonsai of all sizes, we always go to this nursery. Again, give them a call! By the way, they give very good advice.
Finally another club where we often go is
Bonsai Environment
(02) 9627 6688
70 O’Connell St, Vineyard NSW 2765
Email: sales@bonsainet.com.au
This business you can not only phone, but email. They usually have a great assortment of bonsai and bonsai accessories and are most helpful.

I wonder why you did not simply phone the places where you thought you might find tools. You could just have asked if they had Japanese bonsai scissors and branch cutters in stock. Not Chinese by preference, the quality is not as good and you need tools that stay sharp. The high quality Japanese tools are expensive, but to start you only need scissors and branch cutters. Even only strong scissors will do, complemented by small secateurs. Most of us started that way. Once you know where you can get the tools you want, you will have to go and try them for size, see what feels comfortable in your hand.
Best of luck!

Lisa
KazR
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: maples
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: Sydney school of bonsai

Post by KazR »

Hi Lisa, um, I went up to 2 if those 3 nurseries and they were out of stock. I went to Rays, not just to get tools but I wanted a heap of things, orchid pots, wire, trees and I always like to have a look around. I go up there every now and then just for a look, I didn’t go specifically to buy tools but thought I’d have a look while I was there. I was surprised to see he had very few tools in stock, almost nothin actually, but got everything else I needed. I went to another nursery on the northern beach’s after that, but they were a little pricey so I did buy one tool from there, but decided to shop around a bit before I bought more. I came home I googled and found that bonsai environment (supposedly) has everything I wanted and was much cheaper. They don’t take online orders so I though, since everything I wanted was listed as “in stock” I’d just take a drive out there, partly because I wanted the tools quickly and didn’t want to pay for postage and then have to wait, partly because I’d never been there before, and thought I’d make the trek just to look around the nursery and see what they had. didn’t feel the need to call first, didn’t think I needed to, but as I’d already been to two other nurseries that week, I went to this one primarily to get the tools. They were incredibly unhelpful and provided very poor customer service. I won’t be back if they can’t be bothered to provide good service I can’t be bothered with them. So again, I came home empty handed and turned to googled again, to find bonsai warehouse online, tools seemed good quality and reasonable prices, so I ordered. Strike 4. My bonsai course finished and I’ve barely touched a tree because I don’t have tools and with covid protocols we needed our own, no sharing. I’m really disappointed
Grant Bowie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Banksia
Bonsai Age: 52
Bonsai Club: Canberra

Post by Grant Bowie »

Hi all, I believe that with Covid there has been a rush on all things Bonsai, I have noticed a large increase in sales of the tools I stock(which is Masakuni).
I don’t have a website but do sell to anyone who wants really good tools.
I tried to PM each of the people on the thread but the contact button doesn’t work.
Contact me through website or phone me on 0418 611 488.

Grant.
BonsaiPancake
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive
Bonsai Age: 4

Post by BonsaiPancake »

Are these guys still around? The website has been offline for at least a month (from what I've noticed, possibly longer). I have a voucher I got for Christmas still to use so hopefully they haven't just closed down.

Edit: just found this with people complaining they made purchases then never received or heard anything back. Many from around 7 months ago - https://www.productreview.com.au/listin ... -warehouse

Return to “Availability of supplies”