availability of money

Where do you get it?
tgward
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 31

availability of money

Post by tgward »

you may have seen this video previously but obviously the availability of "supplies" is dependent on finances.Some of these must be worth a pretty yen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWbuaf5cbFs
Alexa
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: All that work
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: availability of money

Post by Alexa »

Its simply amazing how many collective years are in the incredible stock over there!

:o
The Photons did it!
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Post by TimS »

I really enjoy watching this video for the quality of material in it. It does also suck the jam out of my donut a fair bit to go to our bonsai nurseries and see some of the plants being passed off there as ‘bonsai’ and the outrageous prices asked for very average plants.
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.
Raging Bull
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast-Tweed

Post by Raging Bull »

AAAAHHHH...... but did you see the bit at the end where Bjorn mentions "many thousands of dollars " :crikey: that he spent on that buying trip. Wayyyy out of my league, that's for sure. But it is a business for him, not a hobby. I'll have to make do with my humble collection :cry: and enjoy trying to improve my trees. :D
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Age: 7
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

Raging Bull wrote:AAAAHHHH...... but did you see the bit at the end where Bjorn mentions "many thousands of dollars " :crikey: that he spent on that buying trip. Wayyyy out of my league, that's for sure. But it is a business for him, not a hobby. I'll have to make do with my humble collection :cry: and enjoy trying to improve my trees. :D
Yep, same. It is interesting - I am slowly getting trees in my collection approaching bonsai; or at least the odd tree that sits on my courtyard table, bbq, birdbaths that has the perception of age. Yet...my greatest pride/enjoyment/interest (not sure of the word) comes from the English Elm clumps from root cuttings from my local park; the Japanese Elm forest from garden seedlings.... ha, I even get home each day a look at the three Japanese maples I cut back recently and get excited at the back budding. I’m loving learning about pines now too. Bonsai as in life - I guess. I appreciate, admire and marvel at these trees and the skilled artists that curate them but I know my lane and I enjoy swimming in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Post by TimS »

Yes indeed, I’m sure not a single one of those I could afford in a pink fit

I’m kind of the opposite to Mark, the growing from very young material i reserve only for special plants gifted to me, or rare plants/ cultivars I can’t find as more mature stock. I like starting from a piece of material that has the foundations already laid, and developing it on to refinement.

The trident root over rock I really like, the juniper doesn’t do a whole lot for me, but that’s because I’m racist against all junipers.
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.
Juliancole
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 1
Bonsai Club: None

Post by Juliancole »

Such a great edit work, I really enjoyed it! I have been collecting plants myself for several years now, and my biggest dream is rare bonsai in my backyard.

Return to “Availability of supplies”