Where do you get it?
Brekel
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tas natives
Bonsai Age: 2

Tools online

Post by Brekel »

Are there any stores in Australia who sell reasonable bonsai tools online?
After looking around a bit I decided to get a few Ryuga tools, as they seem to have a good reputation for a reasonable price.

Bonsai Environment have them listed. But from what I can gather, the business sold 2 years back. And the website had so many broken links and out of date information that I'm skeptical.

Bonsai Warehouse has Osuka tools listed fir a similar price ("on special"). I ordered a branch cutter that was "in stock" with free Express Post to see how it went. They took my money but the item never arrived and still shows as "Processing...". They don't respond to emails/fb messenger/calls, and their website contact form crashes so I don't think they're still operating. But they'll take your money. Just waiting for the deadline to expire so PayPal gives me a refund.

Bonsai Ceramics have Ryuga tools listed, but not the size branch cutter I was after (203mm). I sent them an enquiry on their contract form and haven't heard back.

Bonsai Shop Australia have Hanzo tools listed, but I couldn't find any reviews on these tools. I bought some wire from them a few months back and there were no issues, so at least they seem legit.

Any where else?
Or any opinions on the Hanzo tools?
Nothofagus-Melaleuca-Leptospermum-Lagarostrobos-Cedrus-Acer
greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Re: Tools online

Post by greg27 »

Brekel wrote: April 4th, 2020, 7:54 am Bonsai Ceramics have Ryuga tools listed, but not the size branch cutter I was after (203mm). I sent them an enquiry on their contract form and haven't heard back.
I do know that Greg from Bonsai Ceramics is out of stock of Ryuga tools (I think even the branch cutter that's listed online). He was planning a trip to China in May to stock up on tools, potentially a different brand, but I'm guessing that's all a bit up in the air now.
Brekel
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Tas natives

Post by Brekel »

Thanks Greg - I'll keep my eye out
Nothofagus-Melaleuca-Leptospermum-Lagarostrobos-Cedrus-Acer
Watto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Plum
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: Goulburn Bonsai Society

Post by Watto »

Hi Brekel,
I have purchased Ryuga stainless steel branch cutters but unfortunately they went rusty. Probably my fault but just the same didn't expect the rust.
I wouldn't use Bonsai Warehouse, everyone I know who has used them has a level of dissatisfaction.
Bonsai-En has Hanzo tools and appear to be good business but you may need to be quick as they are reassessing their online business in a week or two.
I was at Bonsai Environment a couple of weeks ago and if you want big pots they have plenty but their stock of tools was "very few".
Hope this helps.
Watto
Check out my blog at http://www.ausbonsai.com.au/blog/Watto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Availability of supplies”