TamworthSteve
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples
Bonsai Age: 3

Returning enthusiast, starting again..

Post by TamworthSteve »

Hi All,

Been a long time since I've been on this site.
I did have quite a few bonsai that were starting to become presentable, but then a bit of a nasty marriage breakdown. Since I wasn't able to take my trees with me immediately, they all died due to lack of water. So I decided not to bother with bonsai for a while, and now I am ready to get back into it.
And my kids want to as well(they found my books and got hooked!).

Long story short, I will have to start from scratch once again, and will be after some whips/seedlings, mainly Trident Maple, Japanese Maple, Chinese and English Elms, and other deciduous trees to begin with. Then I'll look into some pines, junipers etc.
Will also be after a few other slightly more advanced trees as well, but maybe not initially.

So anyway.. who here sells deciduous whips/seedlings, and when will you be taking orders? Also, any idea on postage to Moonbi NSW 2353?

Thanks for reading.
Steve.
TamworthSteve
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Re: Returning enthusiast, starting again..

Post by TamworthSteve »

Or of course, does anyone have any material they'd be willing to part with reasonably cheaply? And I'd be happy to pay postage etc.

I'd love to be able to walk into a nursery and stock up, but just don't have heaps of cash to splash around right now..
I do have plenty of pots though.. at least they didn't get smashed... hehe.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Post by shibui »

I supply trident seedlings in winter when the leaves have fallen - usually July - Sept. They will be graded into 4 sizes: small (thinner than 3mm)@ $0.50c medium (3mm - pencil thick approx) @ $1 each, large (pencil thick - around 10mm thick) @$2 each and there are occasionally some extra large $5 each. These are all raw seedlings so not prior root work or pruning. You just get what comes out of the garden as they come.
I can tailor the packs to whatever project you are planning - group plantings - 20 assorted sizes $20; Bendy, twisted, straight; L shape for approach grafting, etc.

There should also be some Japanese maple seedlings too but nowhere near the numbers of the tridents.

Post depends on how many and what size you are getting. Minimum delivery is $15 but post is calculated on volume and weight so larger orders cost a bit more.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TamworthSteve
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by TamworthSteve »

That sounds perfect.

I'll keep an eye out and will be in contact when the time comes. I should probably ask what you have in something a little more advanced at that same time too.

Many thanks for your reply.
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Post by TimS »

You can buy from Shibui with confidence, I’ve purchased both seeds and young plants from him and it’s always been excellent experience :tu:
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.

Return to “Availability of supplies”