toohey
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus
Bonsai Age: 30

Lockdown Tree supplies

Post by toohey »

I'm in lockdown in Sydney {Fairfield West}
Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get some pre bonsai stock?
I have time tro repot and style and no more trees to work on.
Promethius
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Anything I’ve not managed to kill yet
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: BSV

Re: Lockdown Tree supplies

Post by Promethius »

https://shibuibonsai.com.au/?page_id=215

There’s a ‘contact us’ tab at the top of the page - Neil is easy to reach by email and can mail trees to you.

The catalogue page describes some prebonsai in 11-15cm pots. You can also get a ‘forest pack’ of several baby tridents. The prices are amazing and all the stock I’ve gotten are really healthy.
Yes, the username is misspelled: no, I can’t change it.

Andy
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Re: Lockdown Tree supplies

Post by shibui »

Thanks for the plug and all the best to those who are currently locked down in Melb and Sydney. Hold on, this will end - eventually.

Still lots of smaller trees available at Shibui Bonsai but many of the larger field grown trees have been sold by this time of year.
New stock dug from the grow beds will take a few months to grow new roots and recover from the transplant so won't be available until late November.

Just a but late now for bare root seedlings as they have all started to grow leaves. Need to wait for next winter for the next offer of cheap seedlings. In the meantime I now have to weed all remaining trident seedlings out of the garden beds to keep on the right side of the Head Gardener. She has threatened to use roundup this summer to reduce the numbers in the more prominent garden beds. Seems a waste to just throw them out but there are literally thousands still here despite you guys taking around 8,000 this winter. I do have permission lo leave some in more remote corners for next winter sales.
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Availability of supplies”