Bonsai Island Newhaven now Open by Appointment Only

A place to promote your bonsai club or school also discussions and information about Australian bonsai nurseries.
Forum rules
To start a topic:
1. No pure for profit promotion to be posted here.
2. Please only start one topic for a particular promotion.
3. Please do NOT reply with any non-promotion-related posts, or they will be removed.
4. To discuss about bonsai, please go to other forums.
5. Please report any inappropriate promotion to the admin.
Thank you all.
ee-bee
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Scots Pines
Bonsai Age: 36
Bonsai Club: BSV VNBS YVBS WBG BBC

Bonsai Island Newhaven now Open by Appointment Only

Post by ee-bee »

Hello Bonsai Enthusiasts - after 17 years at Bonsai Island, Newhaven, we've reached a pivot. Lockdown in VIC during 2020 saw us closed for 9 months (& then again last week!) deemed non-essential retail; we re-opened in November and had a great summer greeting old & new customers, but the time has come to let the website do the sales work 24/7/365 so we can concentrate on the trees - and not give tours of the garden to ppl who have no bonsai, or just wandered in because it's not beach weather or they're waiting for their coffees to be made down the road. We are still in business - running a bonsai nursery in my retirement has been the plan since I was 20 years old - except I'm not retired yet & neither is Jim. We will take stock on the road to Club Sales days in VIC, to major exhibitions & Conventions. Our focus continues to be on wonderful bonsai ceramics, most of which can be found on our website www.bonsaiisland.net We offer a bespoke pot selection service, send us pix & dimensions of your tree ideally by Messenger and we will revert with pot suggestions. We value all our customers and hope to see you again soon. To make an appointment to visit, please email bonsaiisland@live.com or SMS 0428 351 113 (I'm such a Luddite I can't figure out how to update our Directory entry on AusBonsai, if the Directory listing even still exists). Anyway, please don't phone if you're standing outside the gate. Elaine Brown (ee-bee on this Forum) has a busy book-keeping and payroll practice that takes her to clients all over Bass Coast Shire, the reason she's not retired yet! 48hrs + notice of your intended visit is helpful. Thank you one & all!

Return to “Nurseries, Clubs and Schools”