Bonsai World - Jilliby, NSW (~80 mins north of Sydney)

A place to promote your bonsai club or school also discussions and information about Australian bonsai nurseries.
Forum rules
To start a topic:
1. No pure for profit promotion to be posted here.
2. Please only start one topic for a particular promotion.
3. Please do NOT reply with any non-promotion-related posts, or they will be removed.
4. To discuss about bonsai, please go to other forums.
5. Please report any inappropriate promotion to the admin.
Thank you all.
TimIAm
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Ficus, Elm, Juniper
Bonsai Age: 0

Bonsai World - Jilliby, NSW (~80 mins north of Sydney)

Post by TimIAm »

Hi all,

Thought I would put up some info about Bonsai World because I didn't find out about it until recently and I couldn't find much info online.

Just a reminder, I'm the worst at taking pictures. Also not and advert, I'm just a random who gets excited looking at trees. :tu:
IMG_1224.JPG
This place has a many, many quality display (not for sale) trees. So it's worth it just to go and look at the trees. They are in a few different sections.
IMG_1227.JPG
This place has a huge selection of pots. I wasn't in the market for pots so I didn't look closely but they said they imported them from a few countries.
IMG_1228.JPG
One of the frustrations I've had in the past is finding somewhat-worked-on pre-bonsai stock. They had quite a few of the more popular plants which had been semi-wired at very reasonable prices. They also had some elms which look like they were in pre-training for root-over-rock that you could buy. So, there mere many plants that had been trimmed, some wire applied so you don't have to wrestle with a 30cm straight trunk which needs to be taken home and chopped immediately.
IMG_1225.JPG
There was a very decent range of trees: small / medium / developed. The majority of stock was labelled and priced.

They had the usual bonsai supplies. They also recently imported some pallets of Japanese pumice/kanuma/scoria/akadama.
IMG_1234.JPG
Just search up Bonsai World Jilliby on Google for their socials and directions to get there.

The guys who work there are super friendly and you can tell the effort they have put into the place. A big win for the Sydney/Central/Lake/Newcastle + surrounds bonsai community :aussie:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beanwagon
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Bonsai World - Jilliby, NSW (~80 mins north of Sydney)

Post by beanwagon »

Been going here for years. Great place!
Rob101
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 13

Re: Bonsai World - Jilliby, NSW (~80 mins north of Sydney)

Post by Rob101 »

I love my Sydney Bonsai nurseries…..however once a year i travel up to Bonsai World to see an awesome supersized place with a massive array of bonsai trees for all levels. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Nurseries, Clubs and Schools”