7th Winter Silhouette Bonsai Expo

Check here for information on exhibitions, workshops, collecting trips etc that are happening in your area.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels
Bonsai Age: 7

7th Winter Silhouette Bonsai Expo

Post by Ryceman3 »

This past weekend there was a pretty impressive bonsai exhibition happening in the US ... it primarily features deciduous trees, obviously leaf-free (given it's winter) but there are a few evergreens thrown in. The venue itself looks to be worth a look too.
The link below is from the Bill Valavanis blog and does a good job of showcasing some of the stuff on shw ... just thought some others might like a sticky beak too.
:beer:
https://valavanisbonsaiblog.com/2019/12 ... nsai-expo/
SquatJar
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society, VNBC

Re: 7th Winter Silhouette Bonsai Expo

Post by SquatJar »

My favourite show, stunning trees in a beautiful venue. Thanks for the reminder to check out Bills post
Life's too short for boring pots
MJL
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples, Elms, Cedars and Pines
Bonsai Club: Waverley Bonsai Group & Yarra Valley Bonsai Society

Post by MJL »

It's staggeringly good. The aesthetic of this whole show appeals to me ... from the physical location to the trees, pots and landscapes. So many wonderful slender, interestingly styled or presented trees that still hold that perception of age. I am attracted to so many trees in this expo; inspirational stuff.
Tending bonsai teaches me patience.
Ryceman3
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines & Mels

Post by Ryceman3 »

MJL wrote: December 9th, 2019, 9:20 pm It's staggeringly good. The aesthetic of this whole show appeals to me ... from the physical location to the trees, pots and landscapes. So many wonderful slender, interestingly styled or presented trees that still hold that perception of age. I am attracted to so many trees in this expo; inspirational stuff.
The thing I like is that in conjunction with more traditional 3 & 5 point displays etc., there is a unique and modern presentation style on show for a number of the exhibits which makes you look a second time or linger to really take it in. The balance between traditional and more 'avante garde' keeps my attention and interest piqued.
That and the trees are pretty awesome no matter how you chuck 'em on a stand!
:beer:

Return to “Shows, Events and Workshops”