Pup gets a new Native

Seen something in print or on TV? Have a good book to review? Know something others don't? Post here.
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Pup gets a new Native

Post by Bretts »

Just watched Gardening Australia and saw some Awesome pictures of a Boabab tree being transported into Perth. I did not realise the Boabab could grow in Perth's climate.
I have had a few goes at growing them from seed here and after killing my last one I have a fresh batch of seedlings to torture. I am trying the Australian Native one for the first time.
Any way I thought the members might be intrested this feature will be on next week Saturday 6:30 abc I think Gardening Australia.
I found this on a google search
http://rodneyolsen.net/2008/07/giant-bo ... south.html
How about an update on the tree in it's new home Pup ;)
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Re: Pup gets a new Native

Post by Pup »

This was a helluva project . Even when they got to Perth to get though the suburbs stopping traffic. They still had to do some pruning. As for growing here in Perth, there are about a dozen smaller ones around 6 metres in the park already. This one is as Soltan said huge. They will not know for 4 years whether they have been successful. It has had an Aboriginal smoking welcome as it was a project close to there hearts. All we can do is hope one day I will go up and take some pics. :D Pup
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

I thought you had missed this Post Pup. :lol:
Pics would be great. can you take a few others of Kings Park trees while you are there. I forget what it looks like :cry:
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
Pup
Knowledgeable rogue
Knowledgeable rogue
Favorite Species: melaleucas
Bonsai Age: 31
Bonsai Club: Bonsai society of Western Australia

Post by Pup »

Some Bastards lit a fire there the other day so it will closed for a little while. A friend of mine did a Japanese Garden there last year using Australian Natives I am now going to have to look them up for posting. So in a couple of days look for them. Pup :D
IN THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE ATTAINED, ACHIEVEMENT IS WITHIN SIGHT

I am not a complete fool, some parts are missing

Return to “Bonsai in the Media & History of Australian Bonsai”