Extending my benches

Everything about displaying your bonsai.
Raging Bull
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines
Bonsai Age: 5
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast-Tweed

Extending my benches

Post by Raging Bull »

Due to a series of events which seemed unfortunate to begin with I have been able to extend my benches. Not for more trees- Honest Truth!! :D but so I can spread out my existing trees which were getting too crowded on the existing benches. A Fijian Fire bush in the garden died due to borers. Then a water pipe started leaking almost in the same place. A mini excavator had to be brought in to dig the pipe up so It was also used to dig out the stump of the dead bush. It would have been a nightmare to try that with a pick and shovel. Our garden soil is very shallow with clay under that, and it was a big stump, I could hardly lift it alone. After that work was done I saw an opportunity - I paved the area and moved the clothesline along the fence to that spot, leaving a gap next to my bonsai benches. This begged to be filled :whistle: , So I put in new benches, 2.4 m long, knocked together a frame and covered it with shadecloth and extended the automatic watering system. Ahh, the things we do for our trees.
Now all is ready for when we go on holidays.
2020.12.11 01e.JPG
2020.12.11 02e.JPG
2020.12.11 03e.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boom64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almond
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: Extending my benches

Post by boom64 »

Excellent work R.B ,maybe a clothes dryer for christmas and a little bit more space. ;) Cheers John.

Return to “Pots, Benches, and Stands”