Anyone purchase from IBUKI studio and ceramics

Everything about displaying your bonsai.
CraigM
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 20
Bonsai Club: Waverley, Vic Native and BSV

Anyone purchase from IBUKI studio and ceramics

Post by CraigM »

Hi, wondering if anyone has purchased a pot from IBUKI / Mariusz Folda before and shipped to Melbourne, how was the experience and how long did it take to AU / Melbourne (via sea)?

Purchased a pot around 4 months ago now, post sale enquiries go unanswered and have been battling to get a tracking number, starting to feel like I’ve been ripped off. From what I can see normal time from Czech via sea is around 45 days, understand there are delays internationally with shipping, but have doubled that time now.

Any feedback appreciated.
KIRKY
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: BSV

Re: Anyone purchase from IBUKI studio and ceramics

Post by KIRKY »

Firstly I have not purchased from ibuki personally. Can share my experiences with todays “normal“ sea mail.
Nothing is normal at the moment….
Item purchased (normally?? Shipping approx 45 days) purchased early May from Japan which should have arrived well and truly for the Spring repot, arrived just before Christmas. :o (figured it must have gone via Ayres Rock via Timbuktu!!!)
Items shipped via Sydney are taking 4-6 weeks just to be processed. Direct to Melbourne items are taking 3-4 weeks and that is once they are actually in the country off loaded awaiting processing.
Shipping via the Czech Republic would more than likely not be a direct sailing, so would have vessel changes. Extra handling time, transferring cargo from one vessel to another, more time. If ships miss connections then waiting an extra 3-6 weeks to be loaded on next vessel and again travel time etc… tracking numbers for sea mail are another problem as advice is only when parcel is received for posting not actually received for shipping. That in itself could be a few weeks while they wait for a container load or part container load to your destination or transfer destination. No details of which ship or when ship is arriving or sailing. If direct sailing or transfers or how long transfers take etc.. only if your lucky will you even get advice that it’s arrived in Australia. Otherwise it just turns up on your door. Overseas parcels have been delivered to me after 6.30 pm on a Saturday or even on Sunday mornings. No postal advice. It frustrating when seller don’t respond but when you look at the above they probably don’t know what to tell you as once posted they probably get no further advice. All may not be lost Craig, you may just have to wait a little bit longer. :fc:
Fyi, an item I recently purchased from overseas took three weeks from being received for posting, to being processed for mailing destination this is all before it left the overseas port via a plane. Then took another 4 weeks to be processed in Melbourne before finally being received a few days later.
This is the current “normal”
Cheers
Susan
:beer:
Great oaks from little acorns grow.
Promethius
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Anything I’ve not managed to kill yet
Bonsai Age: 5

Post by Promethius »

As Kirky said, shipping is disastrous at the moment, and AusPost isn’t the fastest either, after all the years of budget cuts. I sent a letter within Victoria in early Jan, which took two weeks to arrive.
Regardless, the poor communication from your seller is very disappointing. I hope you get your pot; in any case thanks for sharing your experience to prevent others going down a similar path.
CraigM
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by CraigM »

Thanks both, will wait and see. The biggest issue is the lack of correspondence after the sale, before then responses were good. Oh well, will forget it for a couple months and see what happens.
Keels
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines, Eucalyptus and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 11
Bonsai Club: CBS, Goulburn & VNBC

Post by Keels »

Promethius wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 9:05 am AusPost isn’t the fastest either, after all the years of budget cuts
Nothing a couple of watches can't fix. :o :lol:
TimS
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese Maple
Bonsai Age: 9
Bonsai Club: Waverly Bonsai Group

Post by TimS »

I recently ordered some kimono hangers from Japan, shipped via EMS quoted 4-6 weeks and arrived in less than 2.

However I know for a lot of things coming in for work from around the world from soil to plastic plant trays it’s just a case of it will be there when it gets there. Borderline impossible to get shipping containers/ cargo space on flights etc.

Im crossing my fingers for you, I’d keep trying to get a tracking number as that’s your best be to know they are at least on the way
In the blue darkening sky, the moon paints a pine tree.
Promethius
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Anything I’ve not managed to kill yet
Bonsai Age: 5

Post by Promethius »

Keels wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 9:22 am Nothing a couple of watches can't fix. :o :lol:
:lol:
Should've given them to the poor delivery drivers!
greg27
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Olive & Eucalypts
Bonsai Age: 2
Bonsai Club: SA Bonsai Society; VNBC

Post by greg27 »

CraigM wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 9:19 am The biggest issue is the lack of correspondence after the sale, before then responses were good.
I often see IBUKI posts up on the Bonsai Australia Facebook group. Might be worth commenting on one of those asking for an update. Calling somebody out in a public forum often gets a response if they've been privately ignoring you.
CraigM
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by CraigM »

Thanks, have so far stopped short of publically posting, I see his posts as well in some UK sites as well, definitely looks legit. I sent him a private FB message couple days ago, will give until end of the week and then try publically.
CraigM
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by CraigM »

So the pot arrived today, took around 4.5 months from Poland (not Czech) unfortunately did not arrive in one piece. There was always a risk which I was prepared to take, not great that it became reality.

What bugs me more is the lack of after sales correspondence requesting tracking details, three emails and two FB messages and nothing. Replied to one of the public posts as suggested and Mariusz responded same day saying he would follow up and get back to me by end of that week and nothing despite me following up again on messenger.

The parcel itself had plenty thick sponge around the pot, although was inside a cardboard box, should have had some sort of hardboard to survive. There were also no fragile stickers or any indication of fragile contents.

Will try and repair the pot using kintsugi type effect.

With the lack of after sales feedback I for one will not be purchasing anything from them again.

Return to “Pots, Benches, and Stands”