Blinky Bill

Share ideas and photo's of accent plants and moss.
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Blinky Bill

Post by MattA »

Part of my collection of bush rubbish, I keep this one well above the height of kids prying eyes. I dont like the pot but it needs something a little deeper to keep it at the original soil level. It has been without a pot for some time hence the moss on his head not looking the best.
blinky1.jpg
blinky2.jpg
Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Re: Blinky Bill

Post by bodhidharma »

So..its an old stump, not a rock :?: And you added an eye and a nose :?: I love it. Give us a history.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Craig
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Melaleuca
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by Craig »

awesome Matt , very :cool:
Bretts
Bonsai Philosopher
Bonsai Philosopher
Favorite Species: carpinus jbp
Bonsai Age: 12

Post by Bretts »

Umm think you guys might be mistaken. I believe it is an old blinkybill head planted in a pot :? ;) :|
It's too bad your in such a hurry cause the stories I could tell you, Bushels and baskets of stories, hole crates full of stories. But if you can spare a moment I will tell you one story.
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

Bretts wrote:Umm think you guys might be mistaken. I believe it is an old blinkybill head planted in a pot
Damn.. i think your correct Bretts. Now, come on Matt, that is just weird.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
MattA
Banned
Banned

Post by MattA »

bodhidharma wrote:So..its an old stump, not a rock :?: And you added an eye and a nose :?: I love it. Give us a history.
Sorry Bodhi but Brett is spot on, it is the head off a childs soft toy :palm:

I collect bush rubbish...This one was found locally about 2-3yrs ago, the bottom of the left ear sat just touching the soil line. It used to be on an old blue oval until a friends kid took dislike enough to :| :| :| .

I don't like the current pot, another of the make do until I decide the full story... a stump & bushbike feature ;)

Matt

If anyone is interested I am happy to share more pieces from my odd collection, featuring shoes mostly (odd because I try to avoid wearing them as much as possible)
Last edited by MattA on February 28th, 2012, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
jadecuphey87
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by jadecuphey87 »

Its awesome. Though it does look a lot like a blinky bill namakubi. :o
lackhand
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese maple
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai

Post by lackhand »

I love it, Matt. Knowing about your collection, the Q thread makes a little more sense too. :lol: :tu:

I for one would like to see your shoe collection - I think I recall seeing one in a post about your garden somewhere. Is there already a thread out there?

Here is a picture of an old bucket I found hanging from a juniper on my collecting trip last month. I left it there, but appreciated it enough to take a picture.
IMG_2267.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers, Karl
MattA
Banned
Banned

Post by MattA »

Thanks Jade, I had to look up namabuki, I like :tu2:

Karl, The bucket is awesome and reminds me of where my obsession started...
shoe.JPG
I found this lone shoe sitting on a fire trail just off Lunatic Gully Track in central Victoria about 10yrs ago, it was such an odd find in that location & my mind raced with all sorts of stories as to how & why a single shoe could end up in such a remote location. When I moved north 8yrs ago I started exploring the local bushland & instead of just taking pics I started bringing them home. There are a couple of posts here with more
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5490&p=64689&hilit=shoe#p64689
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7834
and this one solely about soles :palm:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12046&p=127042&hilit=shoe#p127042
Since I am rebuilding the garden bed that most of my collection live in I might take a few more pics to share, the car door handles are great & this oversized tennis ball is something else :tu2:
ball.jpg
42 Mice ~Imperfection
lackhand
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Japanese maple
Bonsai Age: 8
Bonsai Club: AusBonsai

Post by lackhand »

Thanks for sharing Matt, I enjoyed looking through those. It's almost like reverse bonsai. Instead of seeing how far man can take something natural, we get to see what nature can do with something man made. :cool:
Cheers, Karl

Return to “Accent Plants and Moss”