Quake Hef E'Lumpus

Share pictures and information about Japanese gardens, ponds, water features and Koi in this forum.
MattA
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Lichen
Bonsai Age: 26
Bonsai Club: Killing Trees Inc..

Quake Hef E'Lumpus

Post by MattA »

I heard a crash & knew the day had come...
quake1.jpg
It has fallen on top of the corner that broke away many years ago in my parents garden during a similar event.
quake2.jpg
On closer inspection it seems time & water have taken a toll on the head land.
quake3.jpg
A decision to rebuild has yet to be made however, the undermining done by the local frogs will be factored into it. A different design of lighthouse might ensure more stability in future events....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Age: 0
Bonsai Club: CBS

Re: Quake Hef E'Lumpus

Post by GavinG »

Leave it, and let the moss grow all over it...

I like the shoe (shoe-hin? Is it shorter than 25cms? Or do you measure the height?). The moss might need some wiring soon.

Gavin
bamboos
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: natives , figs
Bonsai Age: 10

Post by bamboos »

A root over lantern fig might save all the trouble of rebuilding :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gareth
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 10

Quake Hef E'Lumpus

Post by Gareth »

You giving him too many awesome ideas. And yes the first time I went to matts house and asked what the hell a mossy old scum covered boot was doing in amongst his collection he just took a long draw of his cigarette, looked at me and without even a smile casually said, it's a shoehin. And then continued on.
MattA
Banned
Banned

Post by MattA »

A rolling truck gathers no moss :tounge:
truck.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
42 Mice ~Imperfection
"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." ~ Vernon Sanders Law
"All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own." ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
"Bonsai becomes great when growers start trees they know they will never see in a pot"
Hackimoto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Kurume Azaleas,Figs, Wisteria, Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 53
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast, Tweed Bonsai Club

Post by Hackimoto »

bamboos wrote:A root over lantern fig might save all the trouble of rebuilding :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: I was surprised that I have the exact, same style lantern that I have put a fig-over-lantern only about two months ago....Spooky. I'll post a pic later today.
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

Some concrete might help next time Matty.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Hackimoto
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Kurume Azaleas,Figs, Wisteria, Swamp Cypress
Bonsai Age: 53
Bonsai Club: Gold Coast, Tweed Bonsai Club

Post by Hackimoto »

Here is the after trim pic. As I said before, it's the same pagoda lantern. Maybe an idea there for your (Wabi-sabi) broken one Matt.
MattA
Banned
Banned

Post by MattA »

Nice work with the fig but the lanterns are different in style, tho I am guessing the same origin & stone ;)

I was away working & my dad tried to repair it with liquid nails, needless to say that failed after a while & I quite like it lying in the water when the whirlpool flows. I might just move the rest to the side so its out of the way but looks as it has fallen. :tu2:
42 Mice ~Imperfection
MattA
Banned
Banned

Post by MattA »

Bodhi, are you looking to dispose of some? I am always willing to take extra, I need 40cubic metres more to really get into the main pond build then about the same to finish it out later :whistle:
42 Mice ~Imperfection

Return to “Japanese Gardens, Ponds and Koi”