Recent trip to Japan

Share pictures and information about Japanese gardens, ponds, water features and Koi in this forum.
Post Reply
meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age: 0
Location: Soon to be Gympie

Recent trip to Japan

Post by meanstreak » June 13th, 2016, 8:27 pm

My girlfriend and I have recently come back from Japan, while we were over the we visited a beautiful Bonsai village with some wonderful gardens, I took alittle GoPro video of one of the gardens that had some amazing tree's. Hope you enjoy the footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CaSQsea0XM



just this last weekend, we visited a Garden where my girlfriend used to help out and we picked up this fantastic tree. I had seen it about 12 months ago and loved it, saw it again and had to buy it
Image

Enjoy

User avatar
Thymetraveller
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 297
Joined: November 14th, 2015, 2:43 pm
Favorite Species: Trees!
Bonsai Age: 6
Location: Hornsby NSW
Contact:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by Thymetraveller » June 13th, 2016, 9:04 pm

Great video! Where was the village?

User avatar
wrcmad
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 494
Joined: April 25th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Favorite Species: Elm, Fig, Pine
Bonsai Age: 31
Location: Northern NSW
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 39 times
Contact:

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by wrcmad » June 13th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Thymetraveller wrote:Great video! Where was the village?
Footage is Mansei-en nursery Omiya.
See the 2000 yr old Juni in centre of frame at 5:30. :shifty:

meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age: 0
Location: Soon to be Gympie

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by meanstreak » June 13th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Thymetraveller wrote:Great video! Where was the village?
Place called Omiya
http://www.stib.jp/e/tourism/omiyabonsai.html

it was an awesome day

meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age: 0
Location: Soon to be Gympie

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by meanstreak » June 13th, 2016, 9:17 pm

wrcmad wrote:
Thymetraveller wrote:Great video! Where was the village?
Footage is Mansei-en nursery Omiya.
See the 2000 yr old Juni in centre of frame at 5:30. :shifty:
amazing tree's

Jb1
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 30
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 2:50 pm
Favorite Species: Ficus, maple, elm
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: CBS
Location: Rural NSW
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by Jb1 » June 16th, 2016, 6:45 pm

Thanks Meanstreak. Inspirational. :clap: Almost sensory overload. Having seen bonsai in Japan, they certainly know how to display their trees.
Cheers

meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age: 0
Location: Soon to be Gympie

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by meanstreak » June 17th, 2016, 5:06 pm

Jb1 wrote:Thanks Meanstreak. Inspirational. :clap: Almost sensory overload. Having seen bonsai in Japan, they certainly know how to display their trees.
Cheers

easy as mate, yeah such a beautiful culture, people were awesome and the sites where amazing

Needed to pack a larger bag to try to bring them all home lol

as it was we are both into aquariums, so went to Niiagta also, Saw the Armano's Nature Aquarium and we bought home about 45kg of Iwagumi rocks

:clap:

User avatar
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 1209
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 7:23 pm
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics
Bonsai Age: 0
Location: Yarraville, VIC
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by Pearcy001 » June 17th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Awesome video Meanstreak! Can you tell me how long it took to get here from Tokyo? I'm going to be in Japan over Christmas and New Years :yes:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Last edited by Pearcy001 on June 17th, 2016, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age: 0
Location: Soon to be Gympie

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by meanstreak » June 17th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Pearcy001 wrote:Awesome video Meanstreak! Can you tell me how long it took to get here from Tokyo? I'm going to be in Japan over Christmas and New Years :yes:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Hey Pearcy,
took us alittle over an hour to get there, very basic trip :)
well worth it, there are maps of Omiya when you get there, we basically caught the train, and then walked the day, weather was beauitful, and such a great place

User avatar
Pearcy001
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 1209
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 7:23 pm
Favorite Species: Natives and Exotics
Bonsai Age: 0
Location: Yarraville, VIC
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by Pearcy001 » June 17th, 2016, 7:38 pm

meanstreak wrote:
Pearcy001 wrote:Awesome video Meanstreak! Can you tell me how long it took to get here from Tokyo? I'm going to be in Japan over Christmas and New Years :yes:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Hey Pearcy,
took us alittle over an hour to get there, very basic trip :)
well worth it, there are maps of Omiya when you get there, we basically caught the train, and then walked the day, weather was beauitful, and such a great place
Cheers mate!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

meanstreak
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Posts: 10
Joined: June 13th, 2016, 8:06 pm
Favorite Species: Swamp Cyprus
Bonsai Age: 0
Location: Soon to be Gympie

Re: Recent trip to Japan

Post by meanstreak » June 17th, 2016, 7:43 pm

Pearcy001 wrote:
meanstreak wrote:
Pearcy001 wrote:Awesome video Meanstreak! Can you tell me how long it took to get here from Tokyo? I'm going to be in Japan over Christmas and New Years :yes:

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Hey Pearcy,
took us alittle over an hour to get there, very basic trip :)
well worth it, there are maps of Omiya when you get there, we basically caught the train, and then walked the day, weather was beauitful, and such a great place
Cheers mate!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
make sure u take lots of vids and pics also :)

Post Reply

Return to “Japanese Gardens, Ponds and Koi”