For lovers of rocks.
Steve Warren
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: NATIVES-MELS
Bonsai Age: 15

Great Aussies Stones

Post by Steve Warren »

This is just one of 7 stones I collected recently. Each stone took approx 2 hours to remove clay and sand build up disguising all of the beautiful texture and colors.One of the other stones has large fisures and holes right through it. I was thinking of large root over rock using figs as the stone are all approx 300mm tall 200mm wide. One stone I have planted two small figs into some of the larger holes to build a lovely penjing style landscape. The colors in the stones are making me think of trying to produce some aussie styled penjing using small natives in an Australian look scene. Has anyboby ever done an Aussie look penjing style landscape before, if so I would love to here about it.

IMG_7278.jpg
IMG_7279.jpg
IMG_7282.jpg
Thanks for looking

Steve W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it were not for my trees, maybe I could see the forest.
shibui
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: trident maple
Bonsai Age: 41
Bonsai Club: Albury/Wodonga; BSV; Canberra; VNBC

Re: Great Aussies Stones

Post by shibui »

Steve, need to be careful threading fig roots through holes in rocks. I did that with my first fig/rock planting. It only took a year for the roots to break the rock apart as they grew. Broke off the best feature of the rock :palm:
http://shibuibonsai.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Suiseki and Viewing Stones”