Keels
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Pines, Eucalyptus and Callistemon
Bonsai Age: 11
Bonsai Club: CBS, Goulburn & VNBC

Re: Acacia Saligna "Sprintime Cascade"

Post by Keels »

Acacia update time :D This tree has progressed well in the past 12 months. I re-potted the tree in mid-December 2022. The plastic container is just from Bunnings, I'm trailing to see if they last in the weather as the handles are useful. It should give the tree some time to put on more size, as I have seen other saligna cascades and they had really large trunks. I have paused the idea of transferring it into a bonsai pot just yet.
springtime_cascade_overview_copy_1368x1824.jpg
overall_view_detailed_1368x1824.jpg
The trunk has increased in size, the bark is starting to look more grey overall, there is signs of hail damage from late last year as well.
springtime_cascade_mainstructure_copy_1368x1824.jpg
springtime_cascade_upperstructure_copy_1368x1824.jpg
Hail damage
springtime_cascade_hailscare_copy_1459x1094.jpg
springtime_cascade_haildamage_copy_1536x2048.jpg
The leaf size is still very big. No attempt to reduce the size just yet. The leaves were attacked by some insect over summer, not sure which insect but a bottle of Yates Pyrethrum Insect spray from Bunnings stops them in their tracks.
common leaf size. Can be much larger.
springtime_cascade_leafsize_copy_1368x1824.jpg
insect damage
springtime_cascade_pest_copy_1368x1824.jpg
I have been so impressed with this tree, i have started another two this past summer. Unlike the grevilleas i am trying to develop that have remained very boring and uninteresting :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boom64
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Almond
Bonsai Age: 2

Re: Acacia Saligna "Sprintime Cascade"

Post by boom64 »

Looking great Keels, love the movement you are getting. I will add this to my hit list. Cheers John.

Return to “Acacia”