KIRKY
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Flowering
Bonsai Age: 12
Bonsai Club: BSV

Re: Watering issue??

Post by KIRKY »

You can repot now, doesn’t matter that it’s a bit wet as you will be removing the soil any way. I have removed upto 50% of the roots during a repot. As you haven’t had one before and your new, just take a third off and you should be good.
Cheers
Kirky
Great oaks from little acorns grow.
Mitch_28
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Cedrus Atlantics Glauca
Bonsai Age: 1

Re: Watering issue??

Post by Mitch_28 »

Good weekend job then by the look of it.
KIRKY wrote:You can repot now, doesn’t matter that it’s a bit wet as you will be removing the soil any way. I have removed upto 50% of the roots during a repot. As you haven’t had one before and your new, just take a third off and you should be good.
Cheers
Kirky

As you speak from experience Kirky, do you think the sound of my mix will be suitable?
melbrackstone wrote:Have you spoken to the guy you bought it off? They might have some pointers to help a successful transition.
I haven't contacted him as the conditions and micro climate he provides for his trees is vastly different to what I can provide so I just have to learn to adapt my trees better I guess. Would hate to undermine his extensive knowledge and experience. I know soil mixes can be quite the contentious discussion too Image

Will update when done.

Thanks again everyone Image

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Return to “Acacia”