Bonsai AI

Taking good photo's of your tree's can be challenging. Discuss your ideas and tips here.
BonsaiBobbie
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: No Luck Leptospermum, Could be Kunzea
Bonsai Age: 3
Bonsai Club: Sydney City Bonsai Club

Bonsai AI

Post by BonsaiBobbie »

I thought I would play around with some AI image creation last night.

Here are some of the sample images (I created in the Bing tool).

Search term:
black and white photo of a native australian bonsai in portrait style on a white background
Bonsai 1.jpg
Bonsai 2.jpg
Bonsai 3.jpg
Bonsai 4.jpg
I thought I would also test it a little more and did:
black and white photo of a banksia serrata bonsai in portrait style on a white background
Bonsai Banksia.jpg
But perhaps my favourite, in order to test the limits was:
A baby eating muesli whilst drinking beer
Baby Breakfast.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--
No idea what I am doing…
AdamBonz
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maples
Bonsai Age: 4

Re: Bonsai AI

Post by AdamBonz »

I had a go with Midjourney a month or so ago. It seems the AI kinda understands what bonsai is from a visual aspect (ie a small tree in a pot with a thick trunk) but doesnt understand what makes a bonsai (ie one tree lol). I asked for something along the lines of a thick Euc (the leaves look like a euc) but it seems to have given me ficus trunk along with some other leafy species attached. It produced these beautiful monstrosities, but still really cool though. If I was to do this test again, Midjourney is already apparently way better now. Remember, AI is still in kindergarten.. Just wait..
Bonza_HyperRealistic_rendering_of_a_bonsai_eucalyptus_naturalis_1cd5ec5e-dc22-4f2d-b56b-d52b36c9ab6f.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Photographing Bonsai”