Photograghing Bonsai

Taking good photo's of your tree's can be challenging. Discuss your ideas and tips here.
PeterH
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Next project

Re: Photograghing Bonsai

Post by PeterH »

Hi schmik,

When doing pics for competitions no enhancements are allowed. So the shot I take is the final unaltered.

Peter
schmik
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Post by schmik »

Thanks Peter. But is changing the exposure and a crop considered as an alteration?

I can understand manipulating the image not being allowed, like hiding wounds, brightening foliage or even bending but simple things like exposure?

BTW, are you talking about Bonsai comps or photo comps?

cheers
mike
teejay
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Club: Yarra Valley Bonsai Society, APAB Study Group

Post by teejay »

This is completely unrelated to photography but you've posted some impressive bonsai here Peter. Are the gums all Nicholii?

I've been playing with Nicholii a lot lately and have found them to be excellent for bonsai. Mine are all courtesy of a local nursery with a stash of 2 meter neglected Nicholii, all dormant due to being root bound. When they develop a bit more from the trunk chops I'll share some.

But I've been thinking for a while that considering your experience and obvious success with Nicholii, you should submit a care sheet for them at Bonsai Solutions (connected to this forum). I know that I'd, for one, find it very useful.
I really do wish they'd hurry up and grow.
PeterH
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Next project

Post by PeterH »

Hi teejay

The first one is Euc nicholii. The second is Euc scoparia and the third a collected Banksia serrata.

I have been meaning to do the seasonal care notes for nicholii but have been busy with other things.

Peter

Return to “Photographing Bonsai”