Bottle Brush
Steve Warren
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: NATIVES-MELS
Bonsai Age: 15

One callistemon become two

Post by Steve Warren »

I collected the bottlebrush in September 2011. It was placed in the ground to recover, but after 6 weeks and against advice from members I removed it from the ground, cut it in half and planted the two halves into a grow box.
IMG_5645.jpg
IMG_7096.jpg
IMG_7093.jpg
IMG_7094.jpg
I am a little unsure how to style these trees. I have looked at other callistemon on this site and others but I am struggling to see where to go with these two.
Does anyone have any suggestions.

Regards

Steve W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it were not for my trees, maybe I could see the forest.
Craig
Banned
Banned
Favorite Species: Melaleuca
Bonsai Age: 10

Re: One callistemon become two

Post by Craig »

:yes: great work Steve, they both look very nice, i'd be inclined to grow them for a year or so, pinching and trimming the long shoots to encouage back budding . Try and get alot more shoots/branches on the tree and then look at styling, that'd be the best option... :beer:
bodhidharma
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: English Elm
Bonsai Age: 24
Bonsai Club: goldfields

Post by bodhidharma »

Way to late now but you could have V cut where they were joined and through them together to make a nice twin trunk.
"Advice is rarely welcome, and the one's who need it the most welcome it the least"
Steve Warren
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: NATIVES-MELS
Bonsai Age: 15

Post by Steve Warren »

bodhidharma wrote:Way to late now but you could have V cut where they were joined and through them together to make a nice twin trunk.
Now thats the sort of suggestion I needed last time I posted it soon after collection. Maybe I could glue them back together. However I must say that I am still happy with the two little trees that I have. I will keep pinching away for the next 10 Months and then would like to pot them up individually to try and concentrate on a style for each of them.

Thanks again

Steve W
If it were not for my trees, maybe I could see the forest.

Return to “Callistemon”