Kunzea parvifolia

Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Bonsai Age: 0

Re: Kunzea parvifolia

Post by Sno »

Watto wrote: December 6th, 2022, 5:31 am Love the flowers!
They are quite a vibrant purple . If I time it right (not this year ) and give it a prune late winter it keeps its shape while flowering rather than being a blob on a stick .
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

melbrackstone wrote: December 6th, 2022, 7:04 am Such a pretty tree when it's flowering, and when it's not. I love all the curves in trunk and branches!
Thanks Mel it’s quite complicated to prune it for a little tree . Most of the curves have been by cut and grow although I did find some copper wire left on it from a couple of years ago when I had wired it to show it in our local native show .
GavinG
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Favorite Species: Maple
Bonsai Club: CBS

Post by GavinG »

Very fine. The Kunzeas allow very fine detail, if you accept that they won't make a pine-sized trunk any time soon. And the movement has been well judged, - it's all consistent, but still relaxed.

It will be good to see in flower next season. I usually end up pruning in September - so no flowers... When do you repot? (And isn't it always something like late winter down your way?)

Gavin
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

GavinG wrote: December 7th, 2022, 2:21 pm Very fine. The Kunzeas allow very fine detail, if you accept that they won't make a pine-sized trunk any time soon. And the movement has been well judged, - it's all consistent, but still relaxed.

It will be good to see in flower next season. I usually end up pruning in September - so no flowers... When do you repot? (And isn't it always something like late winter down your way?)

Gavin
Thanks Gavin . I repotted it on Monday . There will be a frost on Friday ,only a light one though should get down to -2 .
Sno
Aussie Bonsai Fan
Aussie Bonsai Fan

Post by Sno »

It took me over an hour to cut off all the flowers today ,sorry no photo but it was basically a purple blob . It’s still a bit bushy maybe later I will get back to it but I needed to repot it . The wire that held in its last pot had broken and it kept on getting blown out of the pot . It’s been a brutal spring up here with every week having at least one day of 100k winds , two days of frost and no rain .
Its new pot is a Bad Swan .
751556EC-EEE6-4F6A-A807-59B781597B6E-337-000000BAFCF1880E.jpeg
AC92AF97-1C53-4531-809A-2CA729064E25-337-000000BAFC953671.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Kunzea”